38 - The Dojo Destroyer

Nayami, (Name)'s friend, ran over to her and shouted, "(Name), did you see that giant cat outside of school this morning?!"

She nodded. "Uh-huh. He was trying to marry me, but then Ranma beat him up. So, don't take his bell or you'll be his bride next."

"So, it's true," she gasped. "I heard around about it, but I wanted to hear it from you."

"Heard about it? From who?"

"Just some people."

(Name) raised her eyebrow at Nayami before shrugging it off. "Well, it's true. I was almost married to a ghost cat, but--"

"But, Ranma came to your rescue~!" Nayami cooed before giggling. "I'll bet he held you in his arms and said, '(Name) is my fiance! If you touch her, I'll kill you!'"

(Name) smirked at her and asked, "Are we talking about the same Ranma here?" 

The two girls laughed before a voice interrupted them. "Well, well, well," Rida grinned as she walked over to (Name)'s desk, her white kitten heels clicking against the floor with each step. "If it isn't little Miss Tendo. I heard that Ranma had to rescue you again."

San popped up behind her and crossed her arms. "I'm surprised they're still engaged."

Nayami rolled her eyes at them. (Name) looked at Rida and asked, "What are you talking about?"

"Don't you ever think that Ranma will get tired of having to save you at every turn? I'm sure that he'll talk to your father someday soon and break off this phony engagement. No one wants to marry a burden!" Rida said with a dismissive wave. 

(Name) glared at her as San giggled and added, "He might even just switch her out for Akane!"

"Well, why wouldn't he?" Rida questioned. "Even though I despise the both of you, we can all agree that Akane is the stronger, smarter, and prettier twin. All the boys think so."

Nayami pursed her lips before telling Rida, "Why don't you just shut up? You should be ashamed, trying to pit twins against each other like this!"

The blonde bully scoffed, "I'm just stating the obvious. In fact," she moved around Nayami and went behind (Name), "Akane is the older twin, right? More mature... Why wouldn't Ranma leave you for her?"

(Name) shot to her feet and turned the most hateful glare onto Rida, making her flinch back some. "Shut up, Rida." The Tendo girl calmly walked away, looking a bit defeated.

As she walked through the hallway, she thought back to when Akane would have to fight their way into school each morning. All the boys that fought with her were trying to date her. None of them even tried to fight for (Name), despite what Kuno had said in his speech. 

'I already know that Akane's stronger than me... I'm pretty sure we're equally smart... But, in terms of beauty, we should be matched, too, right?' (Name) crossed her arms, glaring down at the floor. 'We are twins, after all... But, Akane has the long hair and the sparkling eyes, the cute smile and strength to match any guys.'

Because she was so caught up in her thoughts, (Name) didn't notice Ranma sneak up and begin walking beside her. He noticed that she wasn't paying attention to him, so he decided to make sure that she got to wherever she was going safely. 

Ranma cleared his throat before putting his hands behind his head. (Name) didn't hear him. He nudged her gently, getting her attention then. "What?"

"You shouldn't frown like that."

She raised her eyebrow at him. "Why?"