11 - Shampoo the Chinese Amazon

(Name) held her upper arm as she pointed to the ice cream menu. "Um, I'd like a plain vanilla cone, a vanilla cone with sprinkles, and a chocolate cone, please."

The ice cream vendor blushed and started getting the ice cream ready. As he gave her the cones, he muttered shyly, "N-no charge, miss."

"Huh?" She stopped getting out her money and looked around at the stand. "Is there some sort of sale or deal on 3 cones?"

"No, it's cause you're... s-so cute. I'm giving them to you for free."

"Really? Thank you, but, won't you get in trouble?" (Name) asked worriedly.

The shy boy shook his head, smiling. "No, it's fine! Really! Enjoy, miss. But, are you going to be able to carry those cones by yourself?"

"Oh, I'm not by myself." (Name) turned and waved over the two boys that had accompanied her out today. "Ranma! Ryoga!"

Ryoga appeared by her first, taking the chocolate cone. "Thanks, (Name)." he smiled gratefully.

"No problem. Here, Ranma, yours has sprinkles."

Ranma took the cone and nodded at her. "Thanks." As he took a few licks of ice cream, he noticed the ice cream vender staring at them with a shocked and disappointed expression. Ranma frowned before he put his arm over (Name)'s shoulders, leading her away from the ice cream stand. "Let's get home, 'kay?"

"Uh, okay."

"Saotome! What did I tell you about unwarranted touching?!" Ryoga shoved between them and held his arms out to keep them from touching each other.

"What did I tell you about poking into my business?!"

(Name) chuckled at them. "Guys, this can't be an everyday thing." While they were walking, she accidentally bumped into someone's shoulder. She turned toward them to apologize. "Excuse me, miss. Uh?"

The girl she'd bumped into was glaring at her before she pointed a chui stand at her. The blue-haired girl's eyes were filled with determination and anger. "Ranma... Where is she?"

"Huh?"

"You say Ranma's name. Where is she?!" The girl advanced angrily, shoving the chui stand closer to (Name)'s face.

Ranma, who had been watched fearfully for a moment, decided to step in. "Hey! You can't go around threatening people with those!" He stepped in front of (Name), making the Chinese girl step back.

She stared at him for a moment before angrily shouting, "Stay out of this!"

Ryoga grabbed (Name)'s hand and said, "Listen, we'd better go. This girl seems to have some dangerous history with Ranma. We'll leave you to handle it." He patted Ranma's shoulder, smirking.

"Just a second, Ryoga!" Ranma turned toward him before looking back at the girl. "L-listen, Ranma went that way. If you hurry, you can catch her!" The girl readied her chui stands and ran off in the opposite direction, declaring that Ranma would die by her hands in Chinese.

(Name) tapped Ranma's shoulder. "What was that about? Why is that girl so angry with you?"

"Not with me! J-just the girl version of me! Something about a kiss of death..." Ranma mused, thinking over how he'd gotten into the mess with her. "Her name is Shampoo."

"Shampoo?" (Name) questioned. "Explains her silky hair."

"Kiss of death?" Ryoga thought aloud. "So, she's trying to kill Girl Ranma. That's why you lied to her and led her the wrong way."