55 - School Dance Drama

"Ranma Saotome... to go with Rida Okino."

Rida was over-the-moon ecstatic about the Furinkan High School dance that was coming up soon. She was the president of the school dance committee, and she was going to make this her special night. Each student had to submit an acceptance form to attend the dance so that the staff would know who would be there in case anything happened. The acceptance forms helped the students, as well, because the dance committee could call them in to discuss if someone was planning on going to the dance with the same person to avoid drama at the actual dance.

So, of course, Rida was going to take advantage of her position of power to approve her form saying that she was going to the dance with Ranma. She chuckled to herself as she dropped the stamped form into the approved file. "So sorry, (Name)~!"

San ran over to her with an overview print of the gymnasium. "Rida, where should the pink and white balloons go?"

She glanced it over and pointed at the corners. "Those two corners. We need a big open space for the dancing area. Oh, and remember, the couples' dance must begin at 8:45. That way, everyone has some time to hang out with friends and admire my excellent decoration skills before things get romantic."

Just then, there was a knock at the door of the room the committee was in. "Come in," one of the members called.

Akane quietly entered the room before her eyes landed on Rida. She sucked in a calming breath before going to the table Rida was working at. "I'm here to turn in my forms for the dance."

"'Forms?' As in, more than one?" Rida took the papers from Akane and glanced them over. There was Akane's acceptance form, and a form asking for approval to bring an out-of-school guest as her date for the dance.

The name and picture on the request form made her insides crawl with contempt. 'Ryoga Hibiki... That nasty cut-throat that threatened me at the dance team auditions? Of course, she'd want to bring him to the dance. They probably want to try and ruin my special night with Ranma.'

Akane nervously watched her look the forms over. 'Of course, it had to be Rida who submitted the forms for approval. I can't expect her to let me bring Ryoga as my guest; she'd take any opportunity to make me miserable.'

The blonde girl barely attempted to hide her smirk as she asked, "Why the special request, Akane? You don't have any boys at the school to go with?"

"I would just rather go with him." She was certain that Rida had heard the finality in her voice saying, 'It's Ryoga or nobody.'

Rida crossed her arms over her chest. "So... the high-and-mighty Akane Tendo comes crawling to my feet, begging for a favor."

Akane's eyes narrowed angrily. "I'm not here to fuel your ego, Rida. I'm here to turn in my forms. Please, just do your job and give my request to the superintendent." She left the room, not bothering to even close the door behind her.

Rida glanced down at the forms before a wicked smirk spread across her face.

Meanwhile, Ranma and (Name) were walking down the hallway together, talking about the upcoming dance. However, they passed by their classroom and saw Ukyo sitting by herself while the students around her were chatting and asking each other to the dance.

Ranma frowned. "She's been here for a while, but everyone treats her like one of the guys."

(Name) looked at Ukyo with pity. Then, she turned to Ranma and told him, "I think you should ask her to the dance." At his perplexed expression, she clarified, "If no one else has asked her and she accepts, you two can just go as friends."