12 - The Jealousy of the Tendo Twins

There was a new guest at the Tendo residence, for the moment, which barely anyone agreed with. Shampoo didn't mind them, though. She just wanted to find out which of her potential husbands she would choose. She couldn't have both of them; she didn't want both of them. But, she was confused.

The Amazon Book of Tribal Law states that she had to marry the man that defeated her in battle. But, she had been defeated by 2 men. Shampoo didn't know which one would make the best husband. So, she decided to observe them both to see who she liked more.

(Name) was sitting in her room, reading a passage from a history book to Ranma, who was sitting on the floor and leaning on her bed. "I guess the springs have been there for a long time, before they were even cursed. There's a picture here. Is this the place you and your dad went to?" She showed him the page.

"Uh..." Ranma squinted as he tilted his head to each side. "Maybe?"

"Don't you remember?"

"Well -- Ut!" Ranma froze as he felt someone lean on his shoulder. He looked beside him and saw Shampoo. She smiled at him before rubbing her cheek against his shoulder. "S-Shampoo?"

(Name) held a blank expression as she slammed the book shut, scaring Ranma in the process. She stared hard down at Shampoo. "I don't remember inviting you into my room."

Shampoo pouted at her before turning to look at Ranma, batting her eyelashes. "Can I stay?"

Ranma frowned uncomfortably. Shampoo looked so... cute. He looked at (Name) and said, "W-well, she isn't bothering us, (Name). She's probably just lonely."

(Name) sat up, her eyes darkening. The tension in the room couldn't suffocated all three of them. "If she has to be in here, then she can sit over there." she pointed to a chair on Akane's side of the room. The angered Tendo turned around in her chair before stating, "She's obviously distracting you right there."

Because she didn't want to have to leave, Shampoo complied with her wishes. She settled down in the chair and put her elbows on her knees, watching Ranma look worriedly at (Name). He reached out to touch her shoulder. "H-hey, what's the matter?"

"Nothing." she said it so forcefully, Ranma instantly pulled his hand back. He frowned sadly as he sat back, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Well, good. I wouldn't want you to be upset or nothin'."

"Good, 'cause I'm not."

"Great."

"Wonderful."

"Super."

"Grand!"

Ranma groaned angrily under his breath, not understanding why (Name) was mad at him. They were on such good terms before, and now everything was ruined. The worst part of is was he didn't know who was to blame or how to fix it.

(Name) stared down at the textbook in her slightly shaky hands before she threw it down in frustration. She covered her face with her hands. "Shampoo, Ranma, can you two just leave, please?"

"Huh?" Ranma looked over at her. The tone of her voice was so different from when they were somewhat arguing before. (Name) sounded so... sad. Ranma stood up and tried to look over her shoulder at her face. "A-are you sure, (Name)?"

She nodded. "Yes. We'll research some more later, okay?"

He didn't really believe that (Name) was alright, but he also didn't want to press the matter any further, in case she got really angry and decided to throw him over her shoulder again. "O-okay, then. See ya later..." Ranma looked back at (Name) as he slowly walked out of the room.