45 - Tricky Love Tricks at the Arcade

(Name) twirled around in her room, dressed in a checkered skirt with suspenders and a white blouse with small puffy sleeves. She put a little (Favorite Color) bow on each side of her head and smiled at her appearance in the mirror. She stayed there for a moment, checking over her clothes one more time to make sure that she looked presentable.

Akane gently shoved her over as she said, "My turn." She brushed her hair before putting a yellow bow in the back of it. She nodded in approval before turning to her twin. "Are you ready, or do you need to smile at yourself again?"

"Oh, shush!" She laughed as she walked out of the room. As she reached the stairs, she paused and looked at Ranma, who was waiting for her at the bottom. He had on a white sleeveless shirt, similar in style to the red shirt he usually wore. He glanced up at her and they stared at each other for a moment. 

Ranma gulped nervously. "Y-you look... nice."

"So do you." She kept her eyes locked on his as she descended the stairway. "I don't think I've seen you in white before. It suits you."

He shyly scratched his cheek as she smiled cutely at him. Just then, Soun and Genma popped up out of nowhere, sobbing manly father tears. "Their first date, Saotome! Their very first date!"

(Name) blushed and glared at her embarrassing father. Luckily, Akane had begun to come down the stairs at that moment, so she pointed over to her. "No, no! See! Akane's coming with us, so it isn't a date!"

Ranma looked at Akane and asked her, "Wait, why are you coming?"

"I had asked (Name) to hang out at the arcade, so she invited me along with you two. After all, it's a friendly outing." She reminded him, seeing the slightly annoyed look on his face. Then, she turned to shout upstairs, "Ryoga, are you ready?!"

"Ah, why is Ryoga coming?!" Ranma frowned at (Name).

She chuckled nervously, "So that Akane won't be a third wheel..."

"I'm ready!" Ryoga ran down the stairs, nearly tumbling on the last few, and stood up straight to make up for tripping. "I'm here, I'm ready." He had brushed his hair and slicked it back with some sort of gel, and had changed into a black shirt. 

Akane grinned at him before reaching up toward his hair. "Come here." She ran her hands through his hair, moving it back into his normal style. Ryoga stared at her wide-eyed as she smiled at him. "I like this look better than the mini-pompadour."

Soun collapsed on his friend, wailing. "Both my little girls! They're growing up so fast!"

"Papa!" (Name) whined. Then, she grabbed Ranma's hand and stomped toward the door. "We'll be back before dark! Bye!"

Ranma threw his free hand up and mumbled, "Well, since we're inviting everyone, why don't we just bring along Shampoo and her little 'Tachi?'"

Shampoo rounded the corner on her bike, with Kuno in the basket. She waved at them and shouted, "Nihao!"

"Oh, I was joking!" He nearly ripped his hair out in frustration.

(Name) grimaced nervously and said, "W-well, she and Akane had asked, and I didn't want to put them out. I figured that we could all go together since they both wanted to treat me. I'm sorry. A-are you mad?"

Ranma sighed, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "No, but why do their boyfriends have to come with us?"

"It'd be awkward for 3 girls to hang out all evening with one boy. Besides, Kuno and Ryoga helped me train, so they deserve to come along and have fun with us." She held her hands behind her back and told him, "It wouldn't be fair to leave them out."