54 - Into the Ring of Romance: Two Enter, One Couple Leaves!

"Go away, Mousse!"

"Shampoo!"

Mousse had found the Cat Cafe and was currently following Shampoo around as she took and brought out orders. She glared at him as she told him, "Shampoo no marry you! Shampoo have good man who strong and brave."

"Tatewaki Kuno? He is a coward!"

Shampoo's glare turned tundra-level icy. "You have 3 second to correct self, Mousse."

"He had his little sister interrupt our fight and drive me off!"

She raised her eyebrow questioningly. "Kodachi come to fight? Then, she come for you, Mousse. Kodachi like you."

Mousse bristled. "Don't be ridiculous, Shampoo! I'm faithful to you and you alone. The promise we made to each other as children still holds true in my heart."

"What promise?"

"Mousse, my darling~!" Both the Amazons turned to the entrance and saw Kodachi. She threw a black rose to Mousse, who caught it and read the challenge inscribed on the petals. "I challenge you to a battle of love, Mousse."

He looked at her, confused. "A battle of love?"

"It has come to my attention that the only way to get your love and devotion is to defeat you in combat. Therefore, I shall expect to see you at the designated arena detailed on my challenge rose. Until then, my love." Kodachi turned and quickly ran off to prepare for the fight.

Shampoo crossed her arms with a smirk on her face. "See? She like you. Now you date with Kodachi, be happy, and leave Shampoo alone."

"Don't worry, Shampoo." Mousse held her shoulders. "She is a minor obstacle to our love. There is no need to be jealous of her."

"Who jealous? Don't be dense."

He grinned confidently. "Besides, she will not defeat me. After all, I am a master of hidden weapons."

Shampoo frowned in thought. She had nearly forgotten that about Mousse. If Kodachi didn't have any tricks of her own to use, she might lose the fight. Then, Mousse wouldn't leave her and Kuno alone.

Later on, a crowd had formed around the arena that Kodachi had built in an open area. She invited a few of her classmates to witness her victory, and they invited some friends, who invited others. Soon enough, half of Kodachi's schoolmates and a good amount of Furinkan high-schoolers were gathered to watch.

Kodachi ground her teeth anxiously before turning to her attendant, Shiruku, standing just outside of the fighting ring. "Stay on high alert for when I need a new weapon, Shiruku."

Shiruku nodded dutifully. "Understood, ma'am!"

Kuno stood close to the front of the crowd with his arms crossed. He had a tight frown on his face before Shampoo touched his arm and asked, "What wrong, Kuno?"

"This whole thing is a bad idea. Who's to say this Mousse fellow will accept defeat and give up on pursuing you? How do we know that he'll even fight fairly?"

"Mousse no go back on tradition. He no want shame from Amazon tribe." Shampoo put her hands on her hips and frowned a bit. "But, fight fair... Shampoo no sure."

Kodachi glanced around from within the fighting arena, looking for her opponent. She gasped happily as a white blur flew into the opposite corner of the arena. Mousse stood up straight and met her gaze. She bounded over to him with open arms. "Mousse, my love~!" She held his hands in hers as her eyes sparkled romantically. "Your appearance here proves that you have some affection towards me."