part 8

It was cloudy Sunday.  Nandni was in kitchen with Aleeza, talking about usual stuff. When Aleeza  became free after doing whole kitchen work she wanted to clean all rooms and sitting area. She went outside and nandni went directly upstairs to arrange her wardrobe neatly. She took her time to settle her room according to her need and choice. After cleaning her room she sat at one couch near her window. She sat placing her chin at her hands looking outside rainy weather. Today cold weather outside reflecting her inner frozen feelings. Knock at door brought her back. She sat Straight when raj entered her room.

"What are you doing baby girl" raj asked after joining her at couch.
"nothing dad enjoying rain outside" Nandni replied once again looking outside.
"I didn't talk with my daughter since morning so I came to see you" raj asked after moving his hand at her head with devotion.

"Dad I was just cleaning and arranging my stuff in wardrobe" Nandni told raj feeling sorry that she didn't talk properly with raj also.
"ok. Beta I came here to tell you that tomorrow you are going to select your dress, jewellery and all other stuff with manik. Then day after tomorrow your engagement will take place. There is no any lady in this home to do this for you. Sorry beta you have to do everything yourself. Manik will help you. Agar aaj niyonika zinda hoti tou zameen asmaan aik kr deti apny bety ki khushi k liye. Main try krun ga k mery bachon ki khushi main koe kammi na rahy" raj said having a sad smile at his face. After talking for more time raj left her room.

After reaching downstairs raj asked manik to join him at video call with one client in study room. Both went in study room and got busy in their online meeting.
After completing their meeting and some paper work both father son came out and went straight in living room. Raj got busy watching TV while manik was looking here and there. May be looking for someone he didn't see since morning. Raj was also noticing his son's restlessness but kept quiet.

"so my son is missing someone" raj said when he noticed manik looking upstairs at closed door of nandni's room. Raj's teasing fell like bomb at manik. He shockingly looked back at his dad who is looking straight at TV.
"who is missing whome..?" manik replied in question as he doesn't know what raj was trying to say.
" you know better whome are you missing"raj replied winking at manik.

"dad you are impossible. Dad I'm going to meet cabir and alya at their hotel where they are staying" manik tried to escape from raj's further leg pulling. Manik was feeling suffocating without nandni's  presence. Manik wore dark brown jeans, off white shirt with floral printed dark brown blazer. His dressing was complimenting his fair skin. His hairs were neatly gelled up and wearing black glasses he was going towards his car.

He was going to sit when he felt a gaze at him. He looked up and there was nandni looking at him standing at balcony of her room.  As manik saw up she hides herself behind a huge pillar. He was looking up hoping may be she will come out for once but to his dismay he saw her room door at balcony opening and then closing. He understood she have entered her room. Manik sat disappointingly in his car and drove away. Nandni's heart clenched when she saw his car exiting from mansion.

"His friends have importance in his life" Nandni was thinking after throwing back herself at bed. She laid-back looking at ceiling her legs hanging down from bed.
She turned at her side in sleep and curled into ball folding both knees near her stomach. She crossed her arms around her chest feeling cold without blanket.

"nandni felt someone covered her with blanket. After feeling comfortable warmth she opened her eyes. Her eyes met with chocolate brown eyes looking at her with all love and care. He was laying at his side near her. Placing his face at his fist putting all weight of his head at folded elbow.

"Manik aap aa gaey" Nandni asked looking in his eyes which were gazing at her so closely.
"why you didn't come down" manik asked politely. He cupped her face with one free hand caressing his thumb at her soft skin.