Plastic Purple Ring - Andy Song Imagine

There's a shop down the street
Where they sell plastic rings
For a quarter a piece, I swear it

"I-I got this for you" Softly, to the point where he was barely audible, he spoke. Dark lenses of the sunglasses he wore, why he wore these at night puzzled me and probably others who had passed by us through the night, made a barrier between my point of view and his face as his eyes glued to his non fascinating choice of foot wear. I was obvious blood had rushed to his cheeks making them have a similar color to your favorite carnival treat.

His right arm stretched out towards me, a small item between his index finger and thumb. It was evident that he had obtained it earlier in the carnival stricken night, probably at one point while you were distracted by the multitudes of enchanting stalls that littered the streets.

Yeah, I know that it's cheap
Not like gold in your dreams
But I hope that you'll still wear it

"I know it's nothing special... I picked it up earlier." His tone containing the nervousness that seemed to only bubble up while around me. "It's fine if you don't want it..."

"Andy I love it!" My voices laced heavily with glee as I eagerly brought my left hand up, stretching my fingers slightly. Understanding the hint, his left hand glued up from his side and caressed my outstretched hand from underneath as he used his other hand to slide the dark purple ring onto my ring finger.

Both of our faces held the similar expression of a small smile that slowly grew bigger as he dragged my hand up to his lips and tenderly kissed the ring he had given to me.

Yeah, the ink may stain my skin
And my jeans may all be ripped
I'm not perfect, but I swear
I'm perfect for you

"What tattoo will you get this time?" My head cocked to the side as I asked him. We held our place in the front of a tattoo parlor after the sudden need for him to get his skin permanently inked again. The man I loved stood at my side, his left arm slung protectively around my waist as is I'd run away from him, as he flipped through a tattoo catalogue.

"You'll see." A mischievous smirk laid across his face.

And there's no guarantee
That this will be easy
It's not a miracle ya need, believe me
Yeah, I'm no angel, I'm just me
But I will love you endlessly
Wings aren't what you need, you need me

"I'm sorry..." I refused to make eye contact with his as those words fell from his mouth in a small whisper. Hardship had unfortunately plagued our relationship.

The excitement and fear of future parenthood had come crashing into our lives without warning, though we had not seemed ready we embraced it anyways, only to have it stripped away with the blink of an eye. Though we were only a simple couple, boyfriend and girlfriend, the news we'd received a few months ago made us feel like a family.

"I love you (Y/N). I know this is hard... but it's been a few months. I promised we'd get through it. I intend to keep that promise because I can't live without you by my side." He spoke gingerly, his right hand glided to take my left hand in his as he brought it up to his lips and kissed my ring. For the first time in what seemed in forever, I smiled.

There's a house on the hill
With a view of the town
And I know how you adore it
So I'll work everyday
Through the sun, and the rain
Until I can afford it

"This is your dream house?" His head turned to me as he asked the simple question.

"Yes!" I responded excitedly. The house is always dreamed of stood before me, a two story suburban home painted a white as pure as snow with deep sea blue accents. It wasn't anything special but it was simple, just the way I always wanted it.