Stop Assuming Things

Daughter of a billionaire you were. Known by most of the world's population, basically everyone besides your father. 

In any cliche movie, the child of a billionare would feel neglected and do something rash, but you didn't really care what your father did. You and him barely spoke and you doubted that he even knew your name. 

So you tried to live your life as normally as you could, went to public school, tried to make friends, successfully making more enemies than friends. But you actually loved school. It gave ups a small taste of normal life. 

In your last year of high school, a new student transferred to your school, and you were assigned to show him around. You honestly didn't want to, you had better things to do than show newbie around. But it was either that or get in detention. 

So the following day, you arrived at school, earlier than usual to meet the new student. 

You prepared yourself for a short, dorky kid in glasses to show up, but instead, you were greeted with a tan figure, at least two inches high than you, tousled blonde hair, and beautiful green eyes. 

It took every fiber of your being to keep your mouth from dropping open. The boy standing in front of you was gorgeous. 

You composed yourself within a second, putting on your poker face. "I assume you're the new student?" you asked, leaning against the brick wall. "I assume you're the snobby rich kid that's supposed to show me around?" He mocked. 

You narrowed your eyes at him. Who the hell did this seemingly cute boy think he was? "Excuse me?" You asked raising an eyebrow. "You heard me, I know about your dad." He stated. 

How had he found out?! You tried your hardest to keep it a secret to live a 'non-fame' life, and you even tried to disguise yourself. Dying your hair a different color, using colored contacts, wearing glasses, changing your clothing. You even changed your name in school. 

And that fact that he recognized you as soon as he saw you bothered you. He couldn't have been rich either, since he was coming to this school. It wasn't exactly good. 

You decided to take the safest route and play dumb. 

"What the hell are you talking about?" You snapped. If you sounded convincing enough maybe you could come through with him. 

The blonde scoffed. "Have you not heard the news? Someone here saw you and basically, the entire world knows you're here." he said. 

Shit, I'm gonna kill the little bastard, whoever they are you thought. 

That was probably the reason why everyone had been giving you weird looks, and the fact that no one had insulted  you in a few days. 

You stayed silent, trying to figure out what to do. You could run. Change your appearance again and transfer to another school. Or just go into home-schooling. It'd be more peaceful but so, so boring. 

But you could deal with that later. You had to show this one around, you didn't even know his name, and you already wanted him to die. 

"What's your name?" You asked coldly as you led him into the school. "Nanashima." He said bluntly. Obviously not much of a talker. Without another word for the rest of the walk, you contemplated what to do with your future. 

"This is your homeroom." You said pointing to an empty classroom. 

You never thought that the two of you would be outside so long, the first bell rang and students instantly started filing in. "I'll give the tour later. I assume that I was assigned to you because I have most of my classes with you. Which is just great." You mumbled the last part. 

He ignored you as you led him back to homeroom.

Despite the poorness of the school, the teachers were strict here. And even one second late to class equaled detention. 

In the rush of students around you, somehow, you ended up on top of Nanashima, on the floor. Your face burned red as students stepped over you and him. You couldn't bring yourself to pick yourself up. As much as you hated him, you liked being in his embrace. 

Snapping yourself back to reality, you shot up. "What was that for?!" He yelled, getting up himself. "You think I wanted to be anywhere near you?!" You retorted. 

By now, the entire hallway was silent, the final warning bell had finally rand and the two of you were definitely in for it. 

"Obviously you did. Who wouldn't want to be near me?" He boasted. You rolled your eyes. It was gonna be one hell of an adventure with him around. 

You and Nanashima had received detention which didn't surprise you. But you didn't expect to have detention during lunch. Meaning the two of you would starve throughout the day. 

Lunch came and both of you were sitting at a desk, arms crossed and glaring at the empty chalk board. 

The teacher had left the too to attend to so me business and locked the door. Most likely the stupidest thing to ever do in detention. 

Within five minutes of making sure she was actually gone, you stood up and walked over to the window, Nanashima's eyes following you. 

"What are you doing, idiot?" He asked. The teachers hadn't locked the windows. "Escaping. I'm not staying here for another hour, I have things to do." You coldly stated, which was kind of a lie. You had nothing else to do.

"She'll find you missing." He protested. "No she won't, I'm leaving school." You said. His eyes widened, "You can't just leave!" 

"Says who? You already know who I really am, it's only a matter of time before someone else finds me, I'll attend another school." 

"Not everyone knows, I can keep  a secret."

"Lame excuse to keep me in this hell hole." 

Why was he so desperate to  make you stay? A few hours ago the two of you were at each other's throats. 

"Why do you care?" You send and he stayed silent. 

You slid the window open and stuck one leg out. "I'm coming with you." He called as he joined you. "Why?"

"I'm gonna get in more trouble for letting you leave." 

Your face fell slightly and you tried not to let it show, you hoped that the reason would be different. You shook it off and helped him through the window. 

Both of you walked ins silence, no destination in mind and you were surprised to enjoy his company. 

After a few minutes of walks, you stopped him. "I'm gonna go back home. Find a new guide and enjoy life, ok?" you said, then turned around the corner. You felt his hand grab yours and you silently gasped. 

"C-can I at least have your number?" he mumbled out. You smirked slightly and turned back around. 

"You're not coming back to school, are you?" he asked after you exchanged numbers. 

"Haven't I established that? I think I'll be homeschooled or something." You replied. 

"You're definitely not the person I thought you'd be. I assumed you were a little self-entered asshole who only cared about himself." You said with a sick evident on your face. 

"And I thought you were a little bitch who only cared about money." 

"And I assumed you hated me." You admitted. 

"Stop assuming things. You do that too much." he said and you were about to ask how that was bad, but he beat you to it by pressing his lips softly to yours. 

You froze, you've never been kissed before, much less shown affection to. What were you supposed to do?

Was this love at first sight?