Chapter 1

"Just come with me!" My older sister, Charlette or Lettie as I like to call her begged.

"Why?" I ask. We were sitting in my car in the driveway to our house. She was trying to convince me to move out to Los Angeles with her where she had been living for the past four years.

"We didn't get to hang out at all this summer and now that you're graduated you can come stay with me. Besides, You don't have anything else to do" She says. Lettie was a professional dancer on dancing with the stars and had just finished the summer tour with them and was going back to be a troupe member for the new season.

"What would I do in California?" I ask.

"Hang out with me and my friends from the show" She says. Her best friends were Brittany Cherry and Jenna Johnson. "Please, Laiken, You know you want too". I thought about it and finally caved in.

"Fine" I say. "I'll move to California with you".

"Yes!" She says and throws her arms around my neck and kisses my cheek. "I'm glad you said that because I already bought your ticket".

"Of course you did" I say. She was the type of person that never took 'No' for an answer. That's why she was such a great dancer. She was headstrong and determined. I was exactly the opposite. I was quiet and shy until I got to know people, and I was an extremely sensitive person.

"Well, We leave tomorrow" She says.

"What?" I ask.

"I have to be at the studio for rehearsals tomorrow night. The new seaosn starts soon" She answered. "Plus, Mom and Dad already know you're going".

"How, I just decided" I say.

"Yeah, but you know how I am, I was determined to get you to come" She says.

"You're Unbelievable" I say.

"You love me" She says. "Now go pack your bags".

"If I hate LA, I'm blaming you" I say.

"Trust me" She says. "You're going to love it.

***Next Day***

"Hurry Up, Laiken!" Lettie shouts from the bottom of the staircase.

"I'm coming!" I yell back. I made my way down the steps with my very large suitcases.

"It's about time" She says.

"You know, I could use some help" I say. She takes a suitcase and carries it out to the car where our parents were waiting.

"My little girl is venturing out in her own" My mom says pulling me into a hug.

"She's going to be fine, Mom" Lettie says. "She'll be with me".

"That's what we're worried about" My dad jokes as I go to hug him.

"Don't worry about me" I say. "I'll be fine". Lettie gets in the car and starts it up. I crawl into the passenger seat. My dad walks over to the rolled down window.

"Don't fall in love with any of those California boys, They'll only break your heart" He says. I nodded my head and he walked away. I knew he told me not to fall in love with anyone because of what happened a few years ago with my boyfriend. I had been dating the same guy since I was fourteen and one day, when I was sixteen, I went to his house and found him in bed with my best friend. Two years later and I still hadn't completely gotten over it. I hadn't talked to any guys, I didnt have guy friends. I thought they were all the same.

"Sit back and enjoy the ride" Lettie says. I put in my earbuds and pressed shuffle on my ipod. I drifted off into a nap.

***In California***