Chapter 26

"Yes!" I say. "A thousand times yes!". He jolts up and twirls me around in his arms.

"Well, If you guys didn't hear...She said YES!" Val screams into a microphone. Cheers ignited throughout the venue.

"I'm the luckiest man in the world" Alan says and kisses my lips softly. All of our friends were screaming and Lettie was crying. When we finally got off stage, I pulled her aside.

"You okay?" I ask. She sniffles and pulls my hand up to her eyes to look at the circular diamond ring that Alan got me.

"My baby sister is engaged" She says. "My little baby is getting married". She burst into tears of joy.

"Hey, Come here" I say and pull her closer to me. "I'm always going to be your baby sister".

"He's the one for you, Laiken, You know that, right?" She says pulling away.

"You know he asked me for my permission to propose" She says. "He said how much he loved you and he said he was going to spend his entire life proving it to you".

"I love him too" I say. She hugs me one more time before I leave to go get dressed into my normal clothes. When I went up to our hotel room. I saw Alan waiting by the door.

"My bride to be" He says and pulls me into him.

"My husband to be" I say.

"That's going to take some getting used too" He says. "Saying 'Husband' and 'Wife', but I can't wait".

"I can't wait either" I say. "I've always wondered what my future would be like, and I never thought it would be like this".

"I don't want a future unless you're in it" He says. I smile and kiss him softly.

"Do you want to go out?" He asks.

"Let's grad some dinner" I say. He nods. Even thought we weren't in out best outfits, it didn't matter.

"What about this restaurant?" He asks. we were walking down the busy streets of Cincinnati.

"Okay" I say. We got seated and everything was fine, but as soon as we got our drinks, I felt uneasy.

"Babe, What's wrong?" Alan asks.

"I-I don't know" I say. "Something doesn't feel right".

"Do you want to go?" He asks.

"No, We haven't eaten" I say. "It's probably nothing".

"Okay" He says. The feeling still didn't go away. I felt like I was being watched, not stalked, but watched by someone I knew. I felt like something bad was going to happen. "Baby, if you want to go we can".

"Yeah. Let's go, please" He says. We got up from the table and we're headed to the exit. Right as I was about to open the door, I heard a familiar voice and a figure stepped in front of me.

"Well, Well, Well, Laiken. I haven't seen you in a while".

"What do you want, Jacob?" I ask. His smile was evil, his eyes looked black, and he had my ex best fried, Maggie on his arm. He had changed so much since I had last seen him. he had even joined a gang on downtown Cincinatti, He was covered in tattoos, and reeked of Weed.  Something really bad was about to happen.

A/N: date night was cut short by another CLIFFHANGER!