Chapter 35

***5 Months Later***

Today, Lettie, Keo, Jenna, Val, Alan, and I were all going to be hanging out at mine and Alan's new home in Sanoma, California. We had been married for five months. It was the middle of July.

"Babe, Are you going to grill?" I ask Alan. He was standing in the kitchen that had a beautiful view of the vineyard below the mountain.

"I am. I figured steaks would be good for today" He says.

"I think so too. I'll make a salad" I say and pull a big bowl out of the cabinet.

"Are you excited for tonight?" He asks.

"I am. I am a little worried about what Lettie is going to say to us though" I say.

"Baby, you know she's going to be excited" He says and wraps his arm around me from behind.

"I hope she's as excited as us" I say.

"Nobody is as excited as us" He says and kisses my cheek. "I know that I've never been happier".

***

Everyone got to the house at around 6:00. We gave them the house tour, and then Jenna, Lettie, and I all sat inside while the boys finished grilling. They absoloueyley loved the house and loved that Alan and I were so happy in it.

"Girls, Dinner is served" Alan says.

We all went to the dining room and got seated. Alan grilled steak and corn on the cob, and we also had salad. It was so important to us that everyone came out tonight to share it with us.

"I'm really glad that you all came out to share tonight with us" Alan says standing up making a toast with his glass of wine. Everyone toasted their wine glasses.

"Laiken, no wine?" Jenna asks.

"I'm nineteen..." I say.

"Duh" She says. "You just seem so mature and I can't believe you're married already".

"Married life is the best life" She says. Alan smiles at me. I couldn't imagine my life without him.

***
After dinner we all sat outside on the patio where you could see the LA lights off in the distance. We had a small fire going.

"This is absolutely beautiful" Lettie says. "Laiken, you're going to have to invite me over more often".

"I would love to have you guys over more" I say.

"Well, she is right. This view is absolutely gorgeous" Keo says. He stands up and take Lettie by the hand and makes her stand to face him. "But you're even more gorgeous".

"Babe" She says.

"Lettie, I've been waiting for the right time to do this, and right here in front of these four people who are more like our family than friends is the perfect time to do it" He says. "Charlette Elaine Davis, I love you and I want to he with you fie the the rest if my life". He gets on one knee and Lettie immediately starts crying. Alan and I look at each other excitedly, and Val and Jenna smile widely. "Will You Marry Me?"

"Yes!" She says. He slides the ring in her finger and jumps into his arms. After they were done being in their own world, They turned around to us.

"Well, I guess the next wedding you'll be attending is Mine and Keo's" Lettie says.

"I guess you're ri-" Jenna cut me off by standing up.

"Actually..." We all turn and fave her and Val. "Val proposed to me a few days ago. We waited to tell you until today. The wedding date is September 16th".

"Oh My Gosh!" Everyone exclaims and hugs all of them.

"Two engaged couples" Alan says. Everyone had taken their seats again around the fire.

"It could only get better if you guys had some news" Lettie says. Little did everyone know...Alan and I had our own secret.

"Well, If you must know...We do" I say. "Go get it, babe" I say. He disappears into to house to go get something. "Everyone get together, We have a surprise for you".

"What could possibly be going on with you two?" Lettie asks. "You're already married".

Alan appeared back with a picture frame.

"Here" I say and hand it to Lettie. A few seconds later. Screams ignite. The picture I handed them was one of Alan and I. He was standing behind me. He was making a heart with his hands on my stomach and my hands were on his doing rhe same thing and the writing on the picture read 'Our family is growing my four feet and two hearts. Baby Berstens are due January 2018'.

"You're having a baby!" Lettie exclaims and hugs me.

"Read it again" I say.

"You're having twins!" Jenna exclaims and hugs me again.

"Now you know why we wanted you to come today" I say.

"Best news ever" Lettie says.

"Were going to be aunts!" Jenna says wrapping her arms around Lettie.

"Were going to be uncles!" Val says wrapping his arms around Keo".

"I'm going to be a Daddy" Alan says and wraps his arm around my waist.

"...And I'm going to be a Mommy" I say. I was so excited to start a new chapter of life, and I was glad iy was going to be with Alan.

THE END

comment below your final thoughts, and what you think the new twins are going to be...genders and names?