Chapter 11

Today was Saturday, Which meant we had a day off. Alan stayed over last night after we had made up. We stayed up the entire night watching movies until we fell asleep at five o'clock that morning.

At around 10:00, I woke up and got on instagram. As soon as I started scrolling through my feed, I saw the same picture of Alan and I. It was a paparazzi picture of our kiss from last night.

"Alan! Alan, Wake up" I say ad nudge his leg with my foot.

"What? What is it?" He asks. I show him the picture and his eyes get wide.

"Everyone knows" I say. We look at each other speechless. Lettie comes running in the room.

"Have you guys seen instagram?" She asks. "It's being blown up with a picture of the two of you". 

"We know" I say. "Last night we thought we were alone, but I guess we were wrong".

"I mean, it's not really a huge deal, but it's public now" Alan says.

"Yeah, and people are not going to like it" I say.

"You know what, babe?" He says and wraps his arm around me. "I'm kind of glad it's out, because that means I can take you out tonight and not care about who sees, I can show you off to the whole world, I can yell it out for everyone to hear. You're mine and no one else's". Hearing him say those words made me smile.

"You're the best" I say and snuggle up close to him.

"You get ready, and I'll get ready, and we'll go out and and I'll tell the whole world that you're the girl I love" He says and kisses my cheek.

"I'll take you up on that offer" I say.

"Lettie, Laiken, Alan! Get down here quick!" Jenna yells from the living room. We all rush down the steps and sit on the couch. "Look at this" She says and presses play in the TV. Access Hollywood was on.

"Papparazzi spotted Pro Dancer Alan Bersten locking lips with Laiken Davis, who is the little sister of fellow Pro Dancer Lettie Davis. This photo surfaced late last night of the pair after a rehearsal for Monday nights show. What are your thoughts? Let us know!".

"Seems to be out now" Jenna says looking at Alan and I.

"Yeah, Seems to be" I say and sit on the couch. I didn't know how to feel. Part of me was glad it was out now, but part of me still wished that it wasn't, because now it was going to be the talk to the town, especially at the dancing with the stars studio.

"Well, Like I said" Alan says sitting next to me and putting his hand on my knee. "I'll shout it to the world".

"If you're ready, I am too" I say.

"Laiken Davis, Go on a date with me tonight?" Alan says.

"I'd be happy too" I say. He presses his forehead to mine.

"I'm the luckiest man in the world" He says and kisses my nose. "I will see you at 6:30".

"I'll be ready" I say. He gets up and walks out the door. I wanted time to plan what I was wearing, so I went upstairs and raided my closet. I decided on a black sundress with little white daisies all over it and a pair of black converse. Before I got in the shower, I heard my phone start to ring. It was my Dad.

Laiken: Dad?

Dad: Laiken, How's my baby?

Laiken: I'm good. How are you and Mom?

Dad: Everything is good here.

Laiken: Good.

Dad: So, I thought I told you before you moved out there not to fall in love with California boys.

Laiken: Yeah, Well, I-I couldn't help myself.

Dad: Be careful, baby.

Laiken: I will be.

Dad: Do you love him?

Laiken: I do.

Dad: And he loves you too?

Laiken: He does.

Dad: That's all I wanted to know. Be careful out there, baby.

Laiken: I will. I love you, daddy.

Dad: I love you too.

I hang up the phone and continue with my shower, and continued dreaming about the perfect night that was yet to come.

***

Alan picked me up at the exact time he said he would. He wanted to take me to his favorite restaurant in LA.

"Reservation for Bersten" He says. A waiter leads us back to our table. We sit across from each other and the the waiter brings us champagne glasses with water.

"What do you want to order?" Alan asks.

"Uh, I don't know. What's good?" I ask.

"I like the vegetable soup" He says.

"Okay. I'll give it a try" I say. He smiles as the waiter walks back over to us.

"We'll both have the vegetable soup" Alan says. the waiter takes our order and tells us that the order will be out soon. Alan stays silent and just stares at with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I ask smiling back at him.

"I don't know how you do it" He says.

"Do what?" I ask.

"Look so beautiful without trying" He says. I blush and look down at the table. He takes my hands in his.

"Stop" I say.

"Stop what?" He asks.

"Stop...Treating me like a princess. I don't deserve it" I say. His thumb moved up and down my hand, drawing little shapes.

"You are a princess" He says. "My princess".

"You are absolutely too much" I say.

"No, I'm not enough. I don't deserve you" He says.

"Babe, Believe me when I say that you're more than enough" I say. "I-Im so happy right now, and we're only two months into this".

"Let's make a promise to each other right now" He says. "Let's promise each other that...no matter what happens, nothing is going to keep us from loving each other and being together".

"I promise" I say.

"I promise too" He says.

***
Alan and I had a wonderful dinner and rear of our night. Nobody came up to us, and nobody made a fuss. It was so wonderful that we didn't have to hide it anymore. Plus, I felt the same way Alan did. I wanted to shout to the world that I was with in complete and utter love with Alan Bersten.

A/N: i love date nights!