Chapter 23

***Artem's POV***

After Laikem blew me off, I went back to the hotel we were staying at. I called Hayley to have her meet me in the cafe.

"Did you get Laiken to fall for it?" She aaks.

"No. She's still head over heels for Alan. It's going to take a lot to get her to fall for me" I say.

"You mean 'fall for you'" She says using a it quotes.

"Yeah. What about you? How was it with Alan?" I ask.

"He blames me for everything. He keeps saying he doesn't want me back" She says.

"What's the next step, then?" I ask.

"I don't know yet, but I want him back, and I don't care who I have to hurt to get him" She says. She really did want Alan back. That's why she planned that kiss in the gym, that's why she leaked it to the media. She wanted Laiken to see it because she knew about Laiken's past relationship and knew that she would think Alan was just like her ex. She knew she would leave him. She asked me to help her because of when I asked Laiken out. We were both hoping that Laiken would fall for me and Alan would see it and go back to Hayley, but neither of them were budging. They were too in love with each other to fall for anybody else.

"Well, We have a show tonight, so we need to get ready" I say.

"Keep trying with Laiken, and I'll keep trying with Alan. I'm not stopping until Alan is mine again" She says.

"I'll keep trying" I say. "But I don't think it's going to work".

"Artem, listen to me" Hayley says. "I don't care about Laiken's feelings, I don't care about hurting her, or anything, but what I do care about it getting Alan back. He is mine and always has been. Laiken is nothing. Laiken will never compare to me. Do you understand?" She asks.

"Ye-". I was cut off by hearing the floorboards creak, we both turn around and spot Alan standing there.

"What the hell are you talking about?"He asks.

A/N: super short, but the back story as to why Hayley did what she did.