Chapter 30

***Wedding Day***

Today was the day. March 4th. The day that I married Alan.

The girls and I all got ready and took our pictures, and then the boys took theirs. Alan and I couldn't see each other, but that didn't stop us from taking pictures before the wedding. Alan wore a blindfold while our photographer took a picture if the two of us kissing. It turned out to be my favorite one. Lettie, my mom, my dad, and I all took one together too. Lettie immediately posted it on instgram. No one knew that Alan and I were getting married today, but they were going to know now.

"tears of joy are streaming down my face today as I, along with my parents, give away the greatest gift the three of us have ever had...@laikendavis. we are giving her away today to the only man who has ever loved her as much as we do. though i'm sad to see you go, i'm also extremely happy to see what the future hold for you and alan. i love you to the moon and back, baby sis."

I cried reading her caption and held her tightly. I wasn't going far, just down the road a few houses to live with Alan. I always knew where to go when I needed my big sister.

***
The wedding started at 3:00. It was currently 2:45 and everyone was lined up inside my house because it was an outside wedding. My dad and I were in the back of the house.

"Are you ready?" I ask him.

"I should be the one asking you that" He says. I smile. "You're the one getting married".

"Yeah, but you're the one giving away you're baby" I say.

"That is true. You'll be a married woman" He says.

"But Daddy, I'll always be your baby" I say. He hugs me tightly and wipes away a stray test from my cheek. In the next moment, we heard the wedding march.

My dad and I took a step out of the back door. My eyes immediately went to Alan. He was smiling the biggest smile I had ever seen. Tears trailed from his eyes. He looked back at his brother Gene and mouthed words that looked like 'Can you believe I get to marry that girl?', which made me smile too.

"Who gives this woman to this man?" Our preacher, Pastor Brad, asks.

"Her mother and I" my dad says. He kisses my cheek and gives my hand to Alan.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, We're gathered here today to see Alan and Laiken become one. I understand that the two have their own vows. Laiken, would you like to go first?" I nod my head and sniffle.

"Alan, Love is a term that gets thrown around a lot, but when I say that I love you, I mean it. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. You are the love of my life, and my soul mate. There is no one else I want to spend my forever. I can't promise a lot, but I can promise you that" I say. I hadn't really know what to make my vows because he already knew how I felt about him. He takes my hands in his.

"Laiken, You...You make me so weak, but you also make me strong. You are the best person that I know, and all I ever want to do is make you proud of me like I'm always proud of you.  I promise that I will do everything in my power to make you as happy as you make me. However, I can't promise that I'll be the best husband, but I promise that I will do the best I can" He says. He squeezed my hands tightly. I wanted to grab him and kiss him, but I knew that part was coming.

"Now, for the sand ceremony" Pastor Brad says. We decided to do a sand ceremony with our parents that signified our two separate families coming together. Once that was over, we went back to the center. "It's time for Alan's favorite part. By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. Alan, you may kiss your bride".

Alan wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me up in the air.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you...Mr and Mrs. Alan Bersten!". Alan and I run from the front and back into the house. We just wanted to disappear and be together.

"Let's forget the reception" He says.

"We can't do that to our guests" I say.

"Okay, Fine" He says and sighs.

"We'll get our alone time" I say.

"Yeah, we will" He says. "And you want to know why we will?".

"Why?" I ask.

"Because we get to spend forever together" He says and kisses me softly and slowly. I couldn't believe I got to call this man my husband.

***

During our reception, everyone made speeches and toasts to Alan and I. Hearing the kind words of the people that we were the closest to made my heart fill with joy.

After Lettie had given her speech, I went inside to get something from the kitchen. While I was in there, I heard a knock at the front door, I went to answer it. When I opened the door, I was shocked.

"Hayley?" I say.

"Hi" She says.

"You weren't invited" I say.

"Yeah...I know, but I wanted to talk to you about something" She says.

"Come in" I say. Usually, I never would have been nice to her, but this time something was different, she seemed different. We both sat on the couch.

"Laiken, I know that we have had a bad past, and that's why I came here today" She says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because I realized that everything you said was true. I was a bitch, and I am never going to be as good as you are. I...I'm a horrible person, and I wanted you to be the first to know that I'm sorry for everything" She says. I didn't want to believe her, but something in the way she was acting made me believe her.

"I-I forgive you" I say.

"Really?" She asks looking up at me with watery eyes.

"Yeah, and I'm sorry too, because I never should have pushed you or treated you that way" I say.

"No, Laiken, you gave me what I deserved. You do not need to apologize" She says.

"Nobody deserves to be treated badly" I say. She smiled.

"I truly am sorry, Laiken. And, I'm aboslouty thrilled for you and Alan. You look amazing" She says.

"Thank you" I say. "Do...Do you want to join the party?" I ask.

"Oh, I'd love too, but I just dropped by to apologize and hopefully say that we're friends now?".

"We're friends" I say.

"Great, but are you sure that you don't want to stay?".

"Yeah, I've got a date tonight with Derek Hough. He's in the car waiting for me" She says and stands up.

"Have fun" I say.

"Thanks" She says. "And, Thank you for accepting my apology. It means a lot to me".

"Of course" I say. She gives me a small hug then walks back out the front door. I left and went back outside to join everyone else. We parties until the sun came up. It was a night that I never wanted to end.

A/N: and....they're married!!! plus, laiken and hayley made up!