Chapter 5

Saturday couldn't have come soon enough. I was couting down the hours until 7:00. I still had no idea where Alan and I were going, but I didn't care what we did as long as I was with him.

It was currently 6:00. Only one hour until was coming to get me. I put in a pair of skinny jeans and a purple tank top. I put my hair up into a bun and did my usual makeup. I didn't know what kind of shoes to wear, so I just found a pair of flats that would match my outfit.

"Awe, You look so cute!" Jenna chirps from my doorway. Jenna, Lettie, and Brittany were so excited.

"Do any of you know what he had planned?" I ask.

"I haven't got a clue" Brittany says.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure you're going to love it" Lettie says.

"I hope so" I say. They all smiled at me. It was quiet for a few moments, then Lettie spoke up.

"Can I talk to Laiken alone" She says to Brittany and Jenna. They nod and exit the room. Lettie shuts the door behind them. "You promised Dad that you wouldn't fall in love with any California boys".

"Yeah. Yeah, I did" I say. "But, I'm not love".

"You're not in love yet" She says.

"Do you approve of Alan?" I ask.

"I do" She says. "He makes you happier than I've ever seen you before".

"I-I wasn't planning of falling for a guy when I came out here" I say.

"I know you weren't, but you have, and it's okay. Alan is a good guy and he's going to treat you the way you deserve to be treated" She says. I smile. "Now, Go have fun tonight, He's going to be here any minute". I smile again and hug her before we walk down the steps into the living room. Alan was standing there in skinny jeans and a purple, baroque button up shirt. We always unknowingly matched our outfits.

"Wow!" He says when he spots me. I smile at him. "You ready?".

"Yeah, Let's go" I say.

"Wait! We need pictures!" Lettie says. Alan and I stand against the door and let her take pictures of us on our phones. I knew Alan would post one.

"Alright, bye girls" I say as Alan leads me out the door and into his car. "So, Where are we going?" I ask as he gets into the car and starts driving.

"I'm taking you to see the stars" He says.

"The stars?" I ask.

"You're going to love it" He says. He pulls onto an interstate that leads to the Northern part of California.

"I'll go anywhere as long as I'm with you" I say. He looks over at me smiling. I smile back.

"You're too much" He says.

"No, I'm not nearly enough" I say.

"Oh, Laiken Davis, You are more than enough. I can promise you that" He says. "I will do anything in my power to prove that to you".

"You sure know how to make me smile" I say.

"Yeah? Well, You're the reason I smile" He says. I bused harder than I ever had before. He made me feel so different inside. He made me better.

***

After driving for what felt like hours. Alan got off of the interstate. We were in the country part of the state. I could see vineyards all around me.

"This is beautiful" I say.

"Wait until you see where were going" He says. I raise my eyebrow as he pulls on to a dirt road.

"Are you kidnapping me?" I ask. He chuckles.

"I suppose I could" He says. I notice that this road is extremely twisty and hilly.

"You wouldn't have to kidnap me" I say. "I'd go anywhere with you".

"That's good to know, because I don't want to go anywhere without you" He says. I couldn't help but smile at his a sweet words. "Were almost there". I hadn't noticed how far up we had traveled.

"Are we on a mountain?" I ask.

"Yes" He answers as we come to the very top. There was a cleared grassy area that he pulled on to. The mouth any overlooked a beautiful vineyard, and if you looked off in the distance enough, you could see the city of Los Angeles. It seemed so much smaller from far away.

"This is incredible" I say as he opens my car door for me to step out.

"I didn't know what you liked to do, so I just decided to bring you to my special place because you're my special person" He says. I smile up at him. I always smiled around him.

"You're amazing" I say. He smiles down at me. I could feel electricity building between us. I wanted him to kiss me again.

"Care for a pic nic?" He asks holding up a brown basket.

"Sounds good" I say and follow him over to the edge of the mountain. He lays out a big red blanket and we both sit down.

"Can I post that picture we took?" He asks. I was surprised he asked me. I kid letting him know that he could. I recently made my instagram account public for anyone, so I was preparing myself to get a lot of followers and for my comments to be flooded.

"bestfriend! " Is what he used as the caption. Simple as that, but yet so meaningful. We weren't dating, but it felt like we were. I commented on the photo "bestfriend!". I knew that would strike up a lot of questions.

"You've never posted about us" He says.

"Oh" I say kind if shocked. "Do you want me too?".

"Do you want too?" He asks.

"Well, Smile for a picture" I say. He smiles a big cheesy grin and I snap a picture. "Perfect".

"I'll never be as perfect as you" He says. My heart flutters in my stomach. I had the perfect caption foe the photo.

"flutters!" I use as my caption. He smiled as soon as he sees what it says. We enjoyed our pic nic and talking for hours, and before we knew it, It was pitch black outside and I was lying against his chest as we were looking into the horizon at the Hollywood lights.

"This is absolutely breathtaking" I say.

"Yeah, it's pretty, but it's got nothing on you" He says. I look up. I could feel his breath against my lips.

"Why are you so good to me?" I ask.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He says. "You're the most amazing person that I have ever met".

"I could say the same about you" I say. He smiles and nudges me off of him so he can stand up. "Laiken, There's something we should talk about". I stand up and face him.

"What is it?" I ask. He takes my hands in his.

"I met you a week ago, and in that week I managed to find a million things that I like about you" He says. "I wanted to ask you something".

"Okay?".

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks. I smile up at him.

"Yes. A thousand times, yes" I say. I leap into his arms and he twirls me around. I pull away from the hug and look him in the eyes. He presses his lips to mine. It felt like fireworks were going off in my heart. I had never felt this way before. I couldn't imagine not having Alan in my life, and now I got to say that Alan Bersten was my boyfriend.

A/N: IT'S OFFICIAL! how cute are they together?