Chapter 3

On Sunday, Lettie, Jenna, and Brittany had rehearsals. I didn't want to go again, so I stayed home. Truthfully, I just didn't want to see Alan after out weird night the other day, but I did tell then that I would go to Monday rehearsals which were today. The show started next Monday so there was a week for everything to become perfect.

We got to the studio at around 12:00 that afternoon. I noticed that Alan's car was there. My heart immediately dropped. We hadn't even talked since Saturday night. I wanted to get to the lounge where I knew he wouldn't see me because he would be dancing, but as soon as I walked into the door with Lettie, there he stood.

"Laiken" He says as soon as he sees me. I swallow hard.

"Alan" I say. We both stood there just looking at one another. I hadn't even noticed that Lettie had left.

"W- I mean...How have you been?" He asks.

"Uh, Good. You?" I ask.

"Good" He says.

"That's...Good" I say. He doesn't say anything back, but I could see his adams apple bob up and down indicating that he was nervous. "I-Im just gonna go to the lounge". I manage to get out. I scurry past him and feel relieved as soon as I sat on the couch in the lounge. What was wrong with Alan and I now?

***Alan's POV***

What was wrong with me? Why didn't I just tell her that I liked her on Saturday like I had planned on? Why was I acting like an awkward teenage boy around her now? It was all that was on my mind, and I think everyone could tell because I couldn't even focus on my dance.

"Earth to Alan" Lettie says and snaps her fingers in front of my face.

"Oh, Sorry. L-Lets dance" I say and get into position.

"Uh, No. Let's talk" She says and goes to sit on an audience chair. I sat next to her. "We've been at this for an hour and you're just not in it. What's going on?".

"I...I don't know" I say.

"Yes you do" She says.

"No. I don't know if you're the person I need to talk to about it" I say.

"Why?" She asks with a smirk on her face. "Because it involves my sister?". What?

"W-What?" I stammer.

"Oh, come on, Alan. You've had googly eyes for her since you first her. Did you think nobody noticed?".

"Okay, Yeah. I like Laiken" I admit. It was the first time I had said it out loud to anyone.

"Yeah, I know" She says. "I know, Jenna knows, Brittany knows, Keo knows, and guess what, Alan, Laiken likes you too. The only people that don't know it are you and Laiken".

"Is it weird if I like her?" I ask.

"No. Well, A little, but I like you, so I don't have a problem with it" She says. "Just know that if you all ever fight, I'll be on her side no matter what".

"What should I do about it?" I ask.

"Well, You haven't even known each other a week yet, so I say give it some time before you do anything major" She says. "But there is one thing you could do now".

"What's that?".

"Ask her on a date" She says and stands up.

"What if she says 'No'" I say.

"She won't" She says and grabs my hand to pull me up.

"How do you know?".

"Because I know my sister" She says. "Now go and ask her in a date". She practically kicks me out of the ballroom and up the steps to the lounge. Before I entered, I took at deep breathe and thought about what I was going to say.

***Laiken's POV***

I was sitting in the lounge listening to music when a figure appeared in the door way. It was Alan.

"Can we talk?" He asks.

"Sure" I say and take my ear bud out and stand to face him.

"I have a question" He says.

"Okay, What is it?" I ask.

"Would you...Uh, Do you want to..Do you want to go on a date with me?" He asks. My heart hit the floor. Why was he asking me this after he had been so weird after Saturday? What did it mean?

"I...Uh...No" I answer. He just stood there in silence and swallowed hard. "Excuse me" I say and push past him. I ran down to the ballroom to Lettie.

"Give me your keys" I say with tears welling in my eyes.

"Hey, What's wron-?".

"Keys!" I exclaim. She hands then to me without question. I rush outside to her car and drive back to the house with tears streaming down my cheeks. I couldn't believe that I had turned Alan down after all the feelings I was finally admitting to myself that I had. What was wrong with me?

***Alan's POV***

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid! Why did I listen to Lettie and ask her? What have I done now?

I was pretty upset and yelling some pretty bad things. I slammed my hand against the wall in the lounge. Suddenly, Lettie ran in.

"Why the hell is Laiken running out of here in tears?" She asks.

"I-I don't know" I answer while sitting on the couch with my head in my hands.

"What happened?" She asks.

"I-I asked her, and she...she turned me down" I say.

"What?" She asks in disbelief. "Why would she do that? She likes you too".

"I-I don't know" I answer.

"Well, I'm going to find out" She says and walks out of the lounge.

***Laiken's POV***

I didn't want to see Alan anymore. I drove home as fast as I could and went to my room. It felt like a heavy weight was on my chest. I heard someone enter the house downstairs and before I could even get out of my bed, Lettie barged into my room.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Alan asked me on a date and I turned him down" I answer.

"Why did you do that?" She asks.

"I-I don't know. I wanted to say that I would, but he hasn't talked to me since Saturday, and then all the sudden he asks. It was just weird" I answer.

"Laiken, He really, really likes you. Please go talk to him" She says. I agree and pull out my phone to try to call him, but he didn't answer. I think I really screwed things up with Alan.I think I missed my shot.

A/N: I know it's still early in this book,but do you all ship Alan and Laiken?