Chapter 6

Alan and I had been an official couple for about a month now. Dancing with the stars had started and nobody really caught on to our relationship. Only Lettie, Jenna, Brittany, and Keo knew about us, and the prodcuction company for the show, of course. Everyone else just suspected we liked each other. We didn't really want the public to know we were a couple.

Today was Monday night and was Latin night on the show. I was hanging out with Alan and Lettie in the practice room while they were rehearsing a samba that they were opening the show with. Everything was going perfectly until I heard something hard hit the ground.

"Ow!" I heard. I look up and see Lettie on the ground holding her ankle and Alan kneeled down beside her. I shot up and rushed over.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I twisted it" She says.

"I dropped her" Alan says.

"It's not your fault, but...I can't dance tonight on this" She says.

"It's the third show. You have to dance!" I exclaim.

"Laiken, I-I can't" She says.

"But you can" Alan says and looks at me.

"What?" I ask.

"You're trained just like Lettie. You can do this with me" He says.

"No, I-I can't" I say.

"You've seen us do it a thousand times. You know this routine, Laiken. Please do this for me" Lettie says. I think about it for a moment. The looks on both if their faces were desperate.

"Fine!" I say.

"Thank you" Lettie says as Alan helps her up off of the floor. "I'm going to try to get the doctor to look at this". Alan and I watch as she exits the room, leaving the two of us alone together, which was just how we liked it. We weren't very affectionate towards one another around people or in public. We tried to keep everything as private as we could, mostly because it was new, but when we were alone, it was a different story.

"You have no idea how much of a help you're going to be for us" Alan says and wraps his arms around my waist. I wrap mine around his neck.

"I'd do anything for you" I say.

"You're amazing" He says and kisses my forehead. I smile and look up at him. His lips met mine in that next moment. I was praying that no one walked in.

"You're getting your wish" I say. "I'm going to dance with you".

"Yes, You are, and I can't wait" He says and holds me tightly against his chest. I could hear our hearts beating in sync like they were doing their own dance.

***

Five minutes until the show. I was freaking out knowing that it was going to be live and than so many people from around the world were going to see me. Alan could tell I was becoming nervous.

"Babe? What's wrong?" He asks quietly hoping that no one near would hear us.

"What if I mess up?" I ask.

"You won't. You know this dance. You're going to be perfect" He says and kisses my cheek quickly just to reassure me. "Plus, I'm going to be right beside you the whole time".

"Don't ever leave my side" I say.

"Never" He says. The lights in the ballroom go down and Alan and I took our places. Nobody knew that I was filling in for Lettie except everyone backstage.

Alan and I completed the dance and everyone cheered. I smiled from ear to ear and lept into Alan's arms.

"What a great way to open our show!" Tom speaks into the microphone. "You just saw Alan Bersten and the little sister of our injured troupe member, Lettie Davis, Laiken Davis, dance a fire hot samba".

Alan and I ran up to the sky box and we were then informed that the wanted to interview us for All Access. We were being interviewed by Kym Johnson-Herjavec.

"Hello Guys! That dance was absolutely beautiful!" Kym says as Alan and I sat down.

"Thank you so much" Alan says and smiles.

"So, Up here we like to ask questions, and one of the questions we have from a fan is 'Laiken, How did you get mixed in with the dwts crowd?'". I began to get nervous because I had never been interviews before by anyone. Alan wrapped his arm around my waist to comfort me, but making sure not to make anything obvious.

"Well, My older sister is Lettie Davis, and I recently graduated and moved out here with her, and I live with her, Jenna Johnson, and Brittany Cherry" I answer.

"I understand that you filled in for Lettie tonight" Kym says.

"I did" I say. "She twisted her ankle in rehearsal and then she asked me to step in for her" I say.

"Laiken is also a trained ballroom and latin dancer, so that was a plus" Alan chimes in.

"Oh, Are you going to fill in anymore?" Kym asks.

"Uh, P-Probably not" I say. "I only did it tonight because everyone else was already so busy" I say.

"We also don't know how bad Lettie's injuries were, so if they weren't too terrible, she may be able to be back on the floor in two weeks" Alan states.

"Would you like to dance with Alan again?" Kym asks jokingly to me.

"Oh, For sure" I say.

"She's the best" Alan says and smiled at me. I smiled back at him. Our eyes were locked.

"You're the best" I say. He chuckles without breaking the stare.

"Okay, Well, That's all the time we have for now. I hope to see you both again soon" Kym says. Alan and I walk back to a rehearsal room. Once he shuts the door, I leap into his arms and he spins me around in circles.

"You did amazing!" He says squeezing me tightly.

"Only because you were by my side" I say. He looks me in the eyes again and kisses my lips gently.

"You are the most incredible person I have ever met, Laiken. You are so amazing to me" He says.

"You're pretty perfect yourself" I say.

"I'll never compare to you" He says.

"You're already better than me" I say.

"Laiken..."

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Will you promise me something?" He asks.

"What?".

"Promise me that you'll stay in my life forever" He almost whispers.

"I promise...I'll stay in your life forever" I say and wrap my arms around his waist. He holds my head against his chest tightly and kisses the top of it. I wanted to stay in this moment forever. It was perfect. Alan was perfect, and I never wanted anything between us to change.

A/N: Alan got his wish! they danced together! how do you guys feel about the way Alan talks to/about Laiken?