Chapter 28

The tour was put on hold until Laiken was out of the hospital. The company payed for hotel rooms while we were going to be here in Cincinnati.

Lettie had fallen asleep on the floor while we were waiting for Laiken to get out of surgery. She had only been in for about an hour. They were going to give her the stitches while she was still in the operating room. It was going to take around two and a half to three hours. All I could do was worry, and Jenna could tell.

"Alan, Let's take a walk" Jenna says and takes me by the arm. We walk out of the waiting room and in the direction of the Pediatric Wing.

"I need to be in there. The doctors might come with an update" I say.

"No, You need to get your mind off of this" She says. "You're aren't helping anyone by worrying yourself to death".

"Is she going to be okay?" I ask.

"Of course she is. You know that" She says.

"I know, but-".

"No! She is going to be okay. You two are going to walk out of here together and love your lives together like you deserve. You are going to walk down the aisle together, and then you know what's going to happen?" She asks.

"What?" I ask.

"You'll get those" She says and points her finger in front of her. She points at the new bon babies. "You're going to have a family together, and you're going to be happier than ever". I smile.

"Babies with Laiken would be nice" I say.

"Alan, Everything is going to be okay. Laiken us the strongest girl I know. She's going to get through this".

"Yeah, She is" I say and hug Jenna. "Thanks".

"Don't mention it" She says. "Now let's get back to the waiting room. the last thing we need is Lettie waking up and us not being there". I laughed as we made our way back to the waiting area.

***

Three hours had passed and Doctor Spencer finally came into the waiting room. I grabbed Lettie's hand as he gave us an update.

"She's fine. She's awake and knows what's going on. Everything went great" He says. I felt relief instantly.

"How long until she can dance again?" Lettie asks.

"I want her to stay in the hospital for one more day, and then in a couple weeks she needs to get the stitches checked out and possibly removed. Nothing will keep her from dancing, but she will need to be cautious. I've already told her" He explains.

"So, She's really fine?" I ask.

"She's perfect" He answers. I feel tears rush to my eyes from excitement.

"She is perfect" I say smiling from ear to ear. Everyone laughs and we go back to see Laiken.

***Laiken's POV***

I was relieved that everything went well. I didn't even care about the fact that we had a run in with Jacob and Maggie earlier. All I cared about was Alan. Seeing him, Hugging him, Kissing him, just being with him would make me feel one hundred times better.

When I saw Him, Lettie, and Jenna walk into my hospital room, I wanted to jump up and hug then all, but I was too weak and my neck and back hurt.

"Babe!" I say. Alan hugs me the best he could at the time and kisses my forehead gently. Lettie looks at me with tears in her eyes. Jenna tried to comfort her.

"I'm okay, Sis" I say and extend my hand to her. She grabs my hand and kisses my forehead.

"Don't you dare scare me like that again" She smiles and sobs even more.

"Don't you scare me like that again either" Alan says. "I've got plans on marrying you".

"You're going too" I say. "I'm not leaving this world without having 'Bersten' as my last name".

"Well...I'm love you...Laiken Bersten" He says and kisses me gently. I couldn't wait to be his wife.