Chapter 4

***
It had been a week since I had spoken to Alan. It was currently Thursday night and I was home alone. Lettie, Jenna, and Brittany all went out, but I decided to stay home.

I was downstairs watching Netflix when I heard a knock at the door. I went and opened it. Alan stood in front of me. We both just looked at each other in silence for a second, and the he spoke.

"Can I come in?" He asks softly. I nod and move out of the way to let him enter. He stands in front of me again. "I...I came here because-".

"Because we need to talk" I say.

"Yeah" He says looking down at the ground. He was biting his bottom lip. That must have been a nervous tick he had.

"I wanted to call you last weem, but...I couldn't bring myself to do it" I say.

"Why did you say no?" He asked.

"I...I said it because you hadn't been acting the same since we saw the play. You were distant, and barely talked to me anymore. I didn't think you were serious about a date" I answer.

"Why wouldn't I have been serious?' He asks getting louder.

"I don't know! I just...Thought you were lying" I say. He didn't know any of my past. I thought he was kidding because I thought every guy was the same. They were all Liars and Cheaters.

"I would never lie to you, Laiken. Why do you think I would?" He says.

"I-I wasn't treated right. An ex boyfriend lied and cheated on me, and I-I thought you might do the same" I say softly.

"Laiken, I would never, ever hurt you like that. I don't know who this guy was, but he must have been a fool to do that to you. Any man would be lucky to have you their lives. I've only known you a week and I already can't picture you not being a part of my life" He says.

"When you didn't talk to me...I thought you were going to use me" I say with tears in my eyes.

"Laiken, I-".

"Why didn't you talk to me?" I ask. He looks at me for a few moments.

"When we were in that theatre, and you were crying, I hugged you. I didn't want to pull away. I wanted to hold you in my arms the entire night, but you pulled away and then you looked at me with those perfect blue eyes of yours and in that moment I just wanted to grab you and kiss you, but I couldn't, so I stopped myself...and it was the hardest thing that I have ever had to do. I thought it would just be easier to resist you if I didn't talk to you" He says. I felt my heart race faster either every word he said.

"Was it easier?" I asked.

"No" He says.

"Do you still want to kiss me?" I asked.

"Would that be bad?" I ask.

"No...No, It wouldn't be" I answer. You could almost see the electricity building between the two of us.

"Would you let me?" He asks. I look at him in silence for a few seconds then speak again.

"Why don't you see for yourself" I say. He smiles and moves towards me slowly. He pressed his hand against my cheek and traces my cheek bone. He cupped my chin in his hand and gently pressed his lips to mine. I felt my heart drop to my feet. I couldn't move. All I could feel were Alan's lips against mine. We stayed like that for a few moments before I pulled away.

"Was that okay?" He asks.

"That was more than okay" I answer.

"Maybe one day I'll do it again" He says.

"Sooner rather than later?" I ask.

"Absolutely" He says. We smile at each other in silence before he breaks it. "Would you go on a date with me?".

"Of course" I answer not having to think twice about it.

"I'll pick you up Saturday night at seven o'clock" He says.

"I'll be waiting" I say

"Goodbye, Laiken Davis" He says.

"Goodbye, Alan Bersten".

I watch him walk to his car from the window and pull out of the driveway. My heart never stopped pounding. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I couldn't belive I had a date with the guy I had fallen so instantly for. It seemed unreal, but I couldn't wait.

A/N: KISS!!!! how do you guys feel about the first kiss?