Chapter 9

When I got home, I went to see if Lettie was awake. She wasnt. Jenna informed me that she had went out with Keo. Brittany went out with Emma, another pro, so I sat in Jenna's bed with her.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Alan is being weird" I say. "He found out I was doing a dance with Artemis and then he just left. He didn't kiss me or anything. He just left" I say.

"That's not like him" She says.

"I know. I don't know what I did wrong" I say.

"What kind of routine?" She asks.

"It's a quickstep, and it has one move in it where my hands glides on his chest and down his stomach" I say. "It's not a bad or dirty routine".

"And he just walked away?" She asks.

"Yeah, He just...Left" I say.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" She asks.

"No. I-I just wish that I knew what I did" I say.

"Oh, You didn't do anything wrong" She says and pulls me into her to comfort me. "He's just a jealous boy".

"He shouldn't be. I don't want Artem. I only want him" I say.

"I know, and he'll realize that soon too. Just don't sweat. Go get some rest" She says. I get out if the bed and walk to my room. I sat against the headboard and look at the last picture Alan and I took together. He was kidding my forehead. We didn't post it, but it was my favorite picture he had taken. I wish I knew what I did wrong. I wish we could have gone back to the day that picture was taken.

***Alan's POV***

Keo wasn't home when I got there. My guess is he went out with Lettie. He was pretty in love with her. I just wanted to talk to someone about Laiken. I didn't know why she wukdve agreed to do a dance like that with Artem and not tell me about it. I was her boyfriend, and she was doing a sexy dance with another man. I don't want her too. I wanted her all to myself. I decided to call Jenna. I knew she would have some advice for me.

Jenna: Hello?

Alan: I need some advice.

Jenna: Okay, but first help me with something.

Alan: Okay...What?

Jenna: Why were you being weird with Laiken earlier? She said you just walked away from her.

Alan: That's what I wanted to talk to you about.

Jenna: What's the deal, Alan?

Alan: I-I guess I got a little jealous when I found out she was doing a dance like that with Artem. It's sort of a sexy dance.

Jenna: Why does that bother you?

Alan: I-I don't know...I guess because I don't want to share her with anyone.

Jenna: You're not sharing her. She has a job to do and she's doing it. You've done routines like that with me, Lettie, Brittany, and a lot of other girls. Does that mean that you want them?

Alan: No, I only want Laiken.

Jenna: And she only wants you. She was only doing what was asked of her, and you're blowing it out of proportion.

Alan: Do you think I should talk to her?

Jenna: Yes, I think you need to get over here right now and apologize and tell her how you feel.

Alan: Thanks, Jenna, You're the best.

Jenna: Yes, I know. See ya in a bit.

I hang up the phone and immediately run out to my car. I knew Jenna was right and that I needed to apologize. I went to a local flower shop to see if they had any of Laiken's favorite flowers. She loved purple hydrangeas. As soon as I walked into the flower shop, I spotted them and grabbed a dozen. As I was on my way to the register, someone caught my eye.

"Artem?" I say realizing who it is. He was looking at a selection of roses.

"Oh, Hey, Alan" He says. I walk up to him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I could ask the same to you" He says with a smile. I smile back. I didn't want to tell him the truth, especially because Laiken and I weren't public yet.

"Uh, I-I...It's my mother's birthday, I was going to send her some flowers back to Minnesota" I say.

"Oh" He says. "Well, I'm here buying flowers for someone special".

"Oh?" I say.

"Yeah" He says. "What do you think of Lettie's little sister, Laiken?". What did he just say?

"I, Uh, I don't know" I say.

"Well, I think she's pretty incredible. I'm planning on asking her out" He says. I feel anger build inside me.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah" He says. "I mean she's talented, beautiful, smart, witty. She might as well be perfect".

"Yeah" I say.

"I think she likes me too" He says. That did it for me.

"She doesn't!" I yell.

"Wh-".

"She...Doesn't date" I say realizing how loud I was. "She told me that she didn't. She doesn't want to be tied down".

"Yeah? Well, She hasn't seen this side of me yet, and when she does, there's no doubt in my mind that she's going to be all over me" He says with the most arrogant smirk I've seen.

"Not going to happen" I say.

"You dont know thay".

"I know one thing, Artem, Laiken is never going to love you" I say.

"We'll see about that" He says and strides away. I didn't even bother with buying the flowers. I didn't want to see Laiken anymore, I wanted to go home and punch a wall. Hearing him talk that way about her drove me insane. He wasn't going to get her, and she is never going to love him.

A/N: is there a love triangle in the future? comment below what you think.