Chapter 8

***1 Month Later***

Alan and I had been together for a little over two months now, and the public still didn't know. We never posted any pictures of us acting like a couple. Most people thought I was just Lettie's little sister that hung out with the pros a lot.

Today we were all hanging out at he studio. I was in the lounge with Jenna while Alan was helping a competing couple with a dance.

"So, You and Alan seem to be doing well" She says. She made sure no one was near to hear her.

"Yeah, We're...Great" I say. "It's been two months, but everything is amazing" I say. We were still kind of in the 'getting to know each other' stage, The only coupley thing we did often was a kiss here and there or hugging constantly when we were alone.

"Does he know about your ex?" She asks.

"He...Does" I say. "I told him about a month after we got together. He said that he would never treat me the way my ex did".

"He was telling you the truth" She says. I raise my eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I've know Alan for almost five years, and he is unlike any guy I've ever known. When he truly loves someone, he will diw trying to prove it to them, I'm not saying that he's had a ton of girlfriends because your the first in a while, but also for friends too. He will make his love for anything know. He invests his whole heart into making everyone else happy. If he made you a promise, he will keep it" She says.

"He's so different from my ex. Alan is sweet, and caring, and makes me feel like I'm the only girl on this planet" I say. "I don't think...I've ever felt like this before".

"He's going to treat you right" Jenna says as she stands up. "I know he will".

"I hope you're right" I say.

"I am. Just trust me" She says as she exits the room. I truly was praying that she was right.

***

A few hours later, Lettie found me sitting in the lounge. She walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Hey, Can we talk?" She asks.

"Yeah. What's up?" I ask.

"There's only four more weeks of the show after tonight's show, and we need someone to dance in a few group numbers" She says.

"And you're telling me this because...?"

"Because I was hoping you could do it" She says.

"Oh, I-I don't know, Lettie, I'm...Not a dancer" I say.

"Yes, you are. You can do this. Please, Laiken, For me" She says.

"Lettie-".

"You could dance with Alan, and be on TV and it would be so fun to share the stage with you" She says.

"I-".

"Laiken, Please do this" She says. I was never one that wanted to be in the spotlight. I liked staying to myself and being private with my life, but I had a feeling that I wouldn't be able to turn Lettie down.

"I...Fine, I'll do it" I say. She leaps up and wraps her arms around me.

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" She exclaims and kisses my cheek. "You're the best, little sis".

"What do I have to do?" I ask.

"Well, Artem is doing a Quickstep bumper. He needs a partner" She says.

"I'm on it" I say. I had met Artem before a few times. He was pretty mysterious, but such a good dancer and choreographer. I walked to the practice room and saw warming up.

"Lettie talked you into it" Artem says when I walk in. I giggle.

"Yeah, She's kind of hard to say no too" I say.

"She said you're a great partner, so I thought I'd see if she could get you to work with me" He says. "Plus, This bumper is a fun one".

"I like fast dances" I say. I sat down beside him and began to stretch. "But slow dances are more fun to me".

"I bet you like dancing with Alan" He says. What? Did he know about Alan and I.

"Uh, W-What?" I ask.

"Oh, I just mean that Alan likes slow dances. He likes lifts and the stories behind the dances" He says.

"Oh" I say feeling relieved.

"You've danced with Alan before, haven't you?" He asks.

"Yeah. We did a samba" I say.

"I bet you'll like dancing with me more than you will him" He says in a joking manor.

"Well, I guess we'll see" I say as we both stand up and begin to rehearse the dance.

"Okay, I'll warn you" He says. "In this dance, It's a little seductive because there is a part where you're going to have to slide your hand down my chest and when your fingertips hit my pants, you pull away" He says. I wasn't comfortable doing that with any man, especially not one that I had only met a few times.

"O-Okay" I say.

"If it's too much for you, just let me know, okay?" He says.

"I-I can do it" I say. I was going to try to break out of my shell and do something I normally wouldn't. I came to California to try new things and not be afraid anymore.

***
After Artem and I rehearsed the dance and got it perfect. I went to find Alan. He was in the lounge.

"Hey, I haven't seen you all day" He says.

"I know, I've been practicing with Artem" I say.

"Practicing what with Artem?" He asks.

"Lettie asked me to do some bumpers and group dances, the first one is with Artem" I say.

"Artem likes doing sexy dances" He says.

"This dance isn't that bad. My hand just slides down his chest" I say.

"Oh" Alan says.

"Yeah" I say.

"I better go" He says.

"O-Okay" I say.

"I'll call you" He says. "Bye".

Before I could say anything to him, He was gone. He was acting strange. I didn't know why. I was hoping maybe Jenna or Lettie could help me figure it out when I got home, but I truly didn't know what was wrong.

A/N: why do you guys think Alan left so quickly? comment below your thoughts! love you guys!