Chapter 10

***Laiken's POV***

I woke up the next day and went to the studio. Artem was already there working on something with another pro. I saw Alan walking down the hallway. He stopped me.

"Artem likes you" He says.

"What?" I ask.

"He's going to ask you out when you start rehearsing" He says.

"N-No he's not" I say. I didn't understand anything that he was saying.

"He is, Laiken. I know he is" He repeats.

"You're lying to me. You're lying because-".

"Because why?" He asks. "What reason do I have to lie to you, Laiken?".

"Y-You're jealous" I say. "Because I'm doing a seductive dance with him. You're looking for excuses so I don't do the dance anymore". I didn't know what I was saying.

"Why on earth would I do that, Laiken? That's childish" He says.

"I've got news for you, Alan, I'm doing the dance, and he's not going to ask me out!" I yell before storming off. I didn't know why I was acting this way. I never yelled at him before. I had never gotten defensive over something like this before. What had gotten into me?

***Alan's POV***

After Laiken stormed off, I hit the wall with my fist. I hoped nobody had heard me, but seconds later, Jenna and Lettie ran to where I was.

"What happened?" Lettie asks frantically.

"Laiken is mad at me" I say.

"Why?" Jenna asks.

"Yesterday when I was going to come over and apologize, I went to the flower shop first, and when I went, I saw Artem in there buying roses for her because he's going to ask her out, and when I warned her, she accused me of being jealous because she's dancing with him and not me. She has no idea about the things Artem was saying about her. He said she was going to be 'all over him'. I don't want that to ever happen" I explain.

"Okay, That's insane" Jenna says.

"Lettie would never say that about you. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body unless-".

"Unless?" I say.

"N-Nevermind" She says. "The point is, she's going to realize that you're telling the truth and she's not going to know how to react. We have to do something".

"But what do we do?" Jenna asks.

"I have an idea" I say. "Follow me". I grab both girls by the hands and lead them to the practice room that Laiken and Artem were going to be in. I was nervous to see what was about to happen.

***Laiken's POV***

Artem and I had been rehearsing our dance for about 30 minutes, then we we decided to take a break. I was sitting against the wall when Artem said my name.

"Yeah?" I ask and look up. He was holding a bouquet of roses.

"I know that we haven't known each other too long, but I was wondering if maybe...you'd like to go out with me?" He says. I immediately jolt up to face him.

"Artem, I-".

"Just one date" He says.

"I-I don't think so" I say.

"Why? Is it...too soon?" He asks.

"No, It's just...I- Just...No" I say.

"That's all I get? No explanation? Just No?" He asks.

"I said No" I say.

"Fine. It's your loss anyway. You'll never find a man that can love you the way I can" He says and throws the flowers on the ground. "You have no idea what you're missing".

"I'm sorry" I say. He was gone before I could even manage to finish my sentence. I quickly tried to pack up my things to get out of that studio. I had tears streaming down my face when I ran out of the room. As soon as I flung the door open, I ran into someone.

"Sorry" I say not realize who it was.

"Laiken..." Alan says.

"Alan! I'm so sorry" I say and wrap my arms around his waist. "I'm so sorry that I didn't believe you".

"Hey, It's okay" He says and holds me close to him.

"Please forgive me" I say. I could see my tears ailing through on his gray T-Shirt.

"I forgive you" He says. I look up at him.

"You forgive me that easily?" I ask.

"Of course I do" He says and wipes away a tear from my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"Why?" I ask still shocked at the fact that he forgave me so quickly.

"Because, Laiken" He says. "I love you". My heart immediately dropped. That was the first time he had ever said 'I love you'.

"You...Do?" I ask.

"I've loved you since I first saw you" He says. I smile. He presses his lips to mine and holds me tightly against him. I never wanted this moment to end. I wanted to stay here with him forever.

A/N: the first 'i love you'!