Chapter 22

Our shows in Ohio started tomorrow. Today, we didn't have any plans, but a few of us were going to the cincinatti art museum. Lettie, Jenna, Val, Artem, and I were all going. I had no idea what anyone else was doing, and to be honest, I didn't care.

"This place is stunning" Lettie said as we walked into the entrance of the museum.

"I love coming here" Jenna says.

"It never gets old" Val adds. They made a point of coming here every time they traveled to Cincinnati. I wandered off by myself looking at some sculptures. I was in my own world, and not very aware of my surrounding, at least until I heard someone's voice say my name. I look over and saw that Artem was trying to get my attention.

"This painting reminds me of you" He says and points to a painting of a woman in a very dark room that looked depressed.

"Why?" I ask.

"This woman is beautiful" He says. Was he giving me a compliment?

"Okay?" I say with question.

"But, She's broken down" He says. I looked up at him. He had a half smile on his face.

"Yeah. Yeah, she looks like she's been through a lot" I say. I even smiled back. It was the first time I had smiled since Alan and I broke up.

"Nothing that she can't get through, though" He says. I could tell that he was directing that to me too.

"She feels like her world is falling to pieces " I say. I was taking about myself now too.

"Someone needs to pick up those pieces and put her world back together again" He says. His words made me happy for a minute, but then I remembered Alan.

"There's only one person that can pick those pieces up and put them back together" I say. "And he broke her heart".

"You can give your heart to someone else" He says and moves closer to me. "And, you can hold my heart in your hand" He adds and places my hand over his heart. I pull it away.

"Artem..." I say.

"What?"

"I don't want you" I say. "I-Im sorry, but I don't love you. I love Alan, and I'm only ever going to to love Alan".

"He broke you" He says.

"I know he did, but I am in complete love with him. I'm never going to be over him. He is always going to hold the key to my heart, and nothing is ever going to change that" I say.

"I understand" He says. "But Laiken, He cheated on you. He kissed Hayley and didn't even have the balls to tell you, and you still love him?".

"I do" I say. "I'm always going too".

"You need to forget about him" He says.

"I know I do" I say. "But, do you want to know why I can't?".

"Why?" He asks.

"Because people constantly remind me of him. You talking about him now, or Lettie asking me how I am. You all don't relaize that I am trying to forget about him, but I can't because you're always bringing him up and it's almost like you won't let me forget" I say.

"I can make you forget" He says and try moving closer to me.

"No, Get away" I say. He moves even closer.

"Come on" He says again.

"No!" I shout. He got agressive and then he backed away because of another booming voice.

"Get off of her!" Val yells walking into the room we were in with Jenna.

"Artem, just please leave me alone" I say before walking past Val and going to the bathroom. I just wanted to go back to the hotel.

***Alan' POV***

I had been avoiding everyone all day. I just wanted to be alone. I wished Laiken was in my arms. I wish there was something I could do to get her back.

I had finally gotten up to go get some lunch. As soon as I walked into the cafe, Hayley came up to me.

"How have you been?" She asks.

"Do you care?" I ask and grab a bowl of fruit. I made my way to a table and she followed.

"Yes, I care" She says ad sits across from me.

"Really? Because you're the reason all of this happened" I say. "You kissed me when I told you that I didn't want you back. I love Laiken. I don't love you and I'm never going too".

"You did before" She says and places her hand over mine. "You can again".

"No! I don't want you!" I yell and jolt up. "I am in love with Laiken and I'm always going to be, and there is nothing you could ever so or say to change that".

"I can make you forget her" She says.

"No! Stay the hell away from me! I hate you" I yell and storm away. I went back to my room and curled into a ball and sobbed in my bed. I just wanted to disappear and have Laiken back, but I don't think that could ever happen.

A/N: poor Alan and Laiken are heartbroken. do you think they will ever make up?