Chapter 33

***

Alan and I were flying back today from Paris. I can't even describe how amazing the trip was. I didn't know how I managed to get so lucky with him. We were travelling back home through Sanoma, which is where our favorite spot ever was, and he pulled off an exit.

"Babe, this is the wrong exit" I say.

"I know, but I wanted to take you somewhere first before we went home" He says and pulls onto a familiar road. it was the road we took to travel up to our spot that overlooks the vineyards and the skyline of Los Angeles. The old dirt road had turned to pavement. That was odd. As we got to the top of the small hill. I couldn't beeline what I had seen.

"Oh...My...God" I say as Alan parks the car. The woods surrounding out cleared area were gone and in the middle of the grassy area stood a two story log cabin.

"Do you like it?" He asks.

"Is this...?"

"Our house" He says. Tears filled my eyes. He pulled me close to him. "It's ours, babe. It's not finished inside yet, but when you walk in, there's a big living room and the staircase, then a big kitchen. Upstairs are two normal bedrooms, and then the master bedroom which is where that balcony leads too. I made it that way so we can wake up every morning and see the vineyards and the city lights. In the back there's a hot tub and pool".

"I-I can't believe this" I say.

"Until it gets finished, we'll stay at your house" He says. "I know you don't want to leave your sister".

"That's true" I say. "But, I can't wait to second forever up here with you, and our family".

"Family?" He asks. "Are you...?".

"No, I'm not...yet" I say.

"I can't wait to be the father of your children" He says and kisses my cheek.

"Is there a bed in the house yet?" I ask with a smirk.

"No, but there is an empty backseat in the car" He says and lifts me into his arms. I knew where this was going.

***

When Alan and I got home, Lettie and Jenna greeted us outside the house in the front yard.

"Sissy!!" Lettie yells running to me. She scoops me up into her arms and hugs me tighter than she ever had before. She only ever called me 'Sissy' when she missed me. "I'm so glad you're back".

"I missed you too" I say not letting go.

"Please never leave again" She says as I pull away.

"Well, I'll be here until the house gets done" I say. Her face goes blank.

"What?" She asks.

"The house that Alan is having built" I answer and look back at Alan. His face was blank too.

"You're having a house built?" She asks.

"Babe, nobody else knew" Alan says. "I hadn't told them yet". Oh Crap.

"Oh" I say. Now my face had the blank expression.

"You're moving out? You're leaving?!" Lettie exclaims. Tears filler her eyes.

"Lettie, You-".

"You're actually going to go" She says.

"Lettie, You've got to call down" Jenna says.

"No, I'm not going to calm down, because Laiken and Alan are leaving and didn't even have the decency to tell me!" She shouts. 

"Why are you so mad over this?" I Yell back.

"Because, I don't want you to go!" She yells again.

"I'm married and I have my own family to worry about now. You had to know I wasn't staying here forever" I yell.

"Okay, go be with the person that matters the most to you, because you clearly don't care about me anymore" She says with a softer voice. She runs back in the house before I couldn't reply.

"I-I'll go talk to her" Jenna says.

"Talk some sense into her" I say.

"Laiken, You need to understand how she's feeling. You've been gone for a week, and you come back only to tell her you're leaving again. She's not used to not having you".

"What about when she left me for four years? How do you think that made me feel? Her excuse was that she was growing up and becoming an adult, and now I am an adult, I've got my own family to worry about, and that's what she needs to understand" I say. Jenna didn't say anything back, because she knew I was right. Alan and I drove into the city and stayed at a hotel. All I wanted to do was sleep and think about my sister. We never fought. We were always best friends. What happened to us?

A/N: whose side are you on? Lettie or Laiken?