Chapter 17

*****

We were a month into the tour. It had been such an amazing experience. We were currently in New York City, and we had a day off, and tomorrow had a show.

Lettie, Jenna, and I were hanging out and shopping at all the little stores around the hotel. We had made it pretty far, and then we found a starbucks. We each got our favorite coffees, and then sat down to warm ourselves up.

"So, What was Alan up to today?" Jenna asks.

"I think he just wanted to workout. He was in the gym this morning" I answer siping my caramel cappuccino.

"How's is going between you and Alan?" Lettie asks.

"It's...amazing" I say. "Five months strong, and I couldn't ask for anything better". 

"Five months already? Whoa" Jenna says.

"Time flies when you're having fun" Lettie says.

"The best five months ever" I say. "He makes me the happiest girl in the universe. He's made me realize that all guys really aren't the same".

"He treats you way better than Jacob ever did" Lettie answers. Jacob was my ex boyfriend.

"Yeah, nobody can compare to Alan" I say. "And, I know that he means it when he says that I mean the world to him. I don't think he's ever really had a serious girlfriend before".

"No, he and-".

"Jenna!" Lettie shouts, cutting Jenna off.

"What?" She asks. She shakes her head. "Oh". Jenna says understanding what Lettie was trying to get across.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"Nothing" Lettie says.

"No. Tell me what happened" I say. Lettie looks at Jenna.

"You started it, You're gonna finish it" Lettie says. Jenna clears her throat.

"Alan...He...He has had a serious relationship before" Jenna says.

"What?" I ask. "With who? How long?".

"You probably...shouldn't know who" She says.

"No, Tell me" I say.

"It was...with Hayley" She answers. My heart stopped beating.

"How long?" I ask.

"Maybe two years" Jenna answers.

"They broke up around two years ago" Lettie answers. "It was his first serious relationship, but believe me, Laiken, he has moved on from her".

"On the first night of the tour, she made a comment about Alan leaving me" I say.

"Did you talk to Alan about it?" Jenna asks.

"No, I didn't think about it too much, because it was right before the show started" I answer.

"Oh, Well, Maybe you all should talk" She replies. I didn't say anything back, I just finished my coffee and sat in silence.

On the way back to our hotel, All I could think about was Alan and Hayley. Why didn't Alan tell me about them being together? Why did Hayley make that comment to me? Why did Artem randomly ask me out? What did everything that had happened mean? I wanted to get to the bottom of this.

***Alan's POV***

I had been in the gym all morning trying get my full work out in. At our hotel, you could see the entire gym from the outside sidewalk, because there was a huge window to let the sun come through. I had been in there alone until I beard the door open.

"Hey!" I look over and see Hayley prancing in wearing a sports bra and really short work out shorts. Laiken still didn't know about Hayley and I. I wanted to tell her, but now I felt like it was too late. Plus, I know she's big on honesty and I wasn't honest when we first got together. I prayed that she never found out, and I knew that nobody else would tell her because it was their business to tell.

"Hi" I say and continue doing chin ups.

"Where's you...friend?" She asks.

"Shopping" I answer. "I gave her my bank card and told her to buy some things".

"Such a great boyfriend" She says trying to act flirty. I jump down from the chin up bar.

"What do you want, Hayley?" I ask.

"I want you" She says and presses her hands against my bare chest.

"Stop" I say and try to walk away.

"Leave her, Alan" She says catching my arm.

"What?" I ask sternly.

"Leave Laiken. Come back to me" She says.

"You're out of your mind" I say.

"Am I?" She asks. "If I recall, you were a mess when I broke up with you. You should be glad I'm coming back to you".

"Maybe I would be if I were still 20. I've moved on from you" I fire back. "And, If we're being honest, I've found better".

"Oh, please. What is she even doing here? She isn't a professional dancer. Is she even trained? Or did you and Lettie just want her to tag along?".

"She is trained, and she is a better person that you will ever be" I say.

"Is she?" She asks.

"Yes" I say sternly. "And I swear, If you go anywhere near her, or talk to her, or even look at her. I will destroy you".

"I've always loved how protective you were" She says.

"Get away from me" I say.

"Okay, but one more thing before I go" She says.

"What?" I ask. Before I could do anything else, I feel Hayleys lips hit mine. I try to push her away, but couldn't get her off of me. Finally, She pulled away.

"There's more where that came from, Just leave her and you can get it" She says before prancing back out. I was completely speechless and I was praying that Laiken never found out.

A/N: OMG! WHAT IS HAYLEY DOING?! how do you feel about what you just witnessed? comment below!