Chapter 34

***Lettie's POV***

After Laiken told me she was leaving, I ran inside without saying anything else to her. I hear them pull out if the driveway and tears filled my eyes. Jenna walked into my bedroom.

"Lettie?" I hear Jenna's voice.

"Go away" I say and turn over to fave the wall.

"No" She says and sits on the bed next to me.

"She's eighteen. She can't leave" I say sitting up to face Jenna.

"Lettie, She's a married woman now" Jenna says.

"I-I know, but-".

"You can't use a 'but' in this situation. Laiken and Alan are married, and they are starting their own life together, you have to get over that" She says.

"It's...hard seeing my sister grow up" I say.

"I know, but it's something you're going to have to get used too" She says.

"Is Laiken mad?" I ask.

"I don't know, she left" She answers.

"I need to find her" I say and jump out of bed. I knew she would probably go to a hotel, so I found the one closest to the house and went there. I asked the clerk at the front desk if they were staying there and what room they were in. He told me, and I went to find my little sister.

***Laiken's POV***

I hadn't been able to sleep at all, I just wanted to talk to my sister. We never fought and I didn't want us to start now.

As I was sitting against the bed on the floor, while Alan was fast asleep in the bed, I heard a knock at the door. I got up and answered. In the door stood Lettie. We both just looked at each other. I felt tears welling in my eyes, and I could see then in hers. She didn't say anything, she just let the tears fall and she fell into my arms. We stood their hugging for what felt like forever.

"I'm sorry" She says. "I'm so, so sorry".

"Stop. It's okay" I say and squeeze her tighter.

"I didn't want to you to go" She says.

"I'm not leaving you. I'm never going to leave you. I'm just...moving right down the road" I say. She pulls away.

"Yeah, but it's hard seeing my sister go" She says. "Now I know how you felt when I left you".

"Yeah, and you actually left the state and moved half way around the world" I say.

"Okay, Don't make me feel guilty" She says and half smiles. I smile back.

"Lettie, I know you don't want me to go, and you don't want me to grow up, but I'm married now. I have to think of what's best for me and for Alan" I say.

"I know" She says.

"Please don't be mad at me, or at Alan, or anyone. Just try to be happy" I say.

"I am happy for you. I've only ever wanted you to be happy, and that's all I've ever wanted you to be" She says and pulls me into her. "I love you, little sis".

A/N: chapter 35 is the last chapter!