Chapter 3 - The Unlikely Ambuse

A few moments have passed since the fox fight, the sun was pointed straight up in the sky as they placed down Bloodedge straight onto a soft clump of grass, "sorry you guys, I messed up big time their" he told them as Jasilian placed her tail over his head.

She brushed against his covered wounds and triesy to hush him, "stop talking please, you will be fine, we all made mistakes" she assured him as she looks at the wounds again, seeing they are begining to bleed again. "Darkmouth, do we need more Goldenrod or marigold.....or..."

"Cobwebs" my meow cuts her off as I looked around the surrounding area, "We need cobwebs mostly to best stop the wounds from bleeding so much" I said as I looked around, the areas that is so unknown to him would cause him to easily get lost, "everyone I...hmm" I tried to think if this was a good idea to leave off from them for a bit to do some hunting around for more medicine. It was also hard trying to remember the training he recieved back in his clan during my apprenticeship. Hate to admit. it, but I wish I was a medicine cat from Dustclan, then I would be more useful as to were in the world the herbs ould be located.

Bloodedge fell fast asleep as Jasilian cranes her head over to me, "What is it Darkmouth?" she asked as I faced her and Turok.

I slowly walked up to the group who kept their stare at me as I examine the wound at a distance, "I need to go and find more herbs for Bloodedge, this forest is very thick and from high chances their must be some more marigold or goldenrod flowers growing somewhere, but I can contain the bleedig if I could find some cowebs or a dry absorbing substance" I said and looked out from the dense light, messing with his vision.

Jasilian shook her head in shock, "What?!Are you insane and for the most part, by yourself, out of the question I'm coming to-" her voice was cut off when I prodded her on the shouder with my paw.

I pointed my tail at Turok, "no you and Turok need to stay here with Bloodedge, if his wounds become infected then someone will need to apply the Burdock root on them..." he said and looks at Turok, "you hear that Turok.... you, stay, guard Bloodedge" I commanded.

He give out a heavy nod, "okay..." he trollies up to Bloodedge and looks out and around over Jasilian.

Jasilian gave out a slight sigh, "alright Dark" she nicknamed, "just be careful and for christ sake come back in one piece" she asked, here eyes worried as I nodded and dashed away. If I just plant the side of the territory grounds with my own scent I will be okay....but would that also risk of leading my friends as well.... doesnt matter it wassss just a few fox lengths away from them. As I ran across the bushes I was far off to a point I could not detect them but placed a mark to were the direction they were hiding was placed. "alright time to hunt?" I said and started to part my jaw to capture the many scent that were aroming around the forest. What felt endless he tried to decode to the very scent he wanted, but one after another some started to look the same with little differences.... hold on....yes their we go. It was far away but better something than nothing. Hopefully on the way he could find some cobwebs in the trees.

My scences were picking up all sortssss of stuff for good health, "this is good, I just might be able to fix him back on his feet after all" I mumbled to myself and saw a patch of light in the center clearing showing a golden shine of flowers popping out with many others around it, some were different and some gave scents of it underground, "whoa its a whole garden!" I jumped into the sunlight, feeling the warm rays glitter over my Dark speckled fur and looked at the flowers carefully, Marigold, burdock, coltsfoot.... and feverfew.......and Catmint?.... something isn't right here, the plants are too neat together and organized... either someone planted them or.

I heard a paw step from beside me, "Stop right their!" I froze in place, not giving movement like the cars with its beams over my head that would paralyze me, it was the voice of a She-cat that rang in my ears as the scent drifted into my nostrils, showing three more were surrounding the area I was standing in.

I tried to keep my cool and laughed, "and to who would I be stopping for?" I asked as I heard a hiss.

I didnt turn but she took a few steps closer, "I will be the one to ask questions around here, not you!" she spoke in an angry edge tone... the sound of a leadership role...but from looking around from my periferal vision, the cats in the shadows.....how they move... it was familiar, "who are you and why did you come to steal our herbs?!"

I looked back as she-cat who stood firm at the edge of were the sun ended its rays, her blue eyes gave out her position as she steps forth into the light, revealing a cream colored she-cat with several small black splotches around her pelt. Almost like paint was thrown over her. "well im shocked considering I need these herbs to help a friend" I. turned my body as she flinches into a fighting stance growl, "easy...I come in peacefully and no harm done" I told her, "now does the turqiose she-cat have a name... the way you stand proper could tell me your a leader in all this" I said giving my paw a couple of licks to calm down. Really I was strucked down to the core of my fur feeling the sense that the others were watching me.

BUt she scoffed at my answer, "So your a thief then!" she accused, "and I rather you tell me before I tell you" she rollss her eyes,"uhg! whats with it about newcomers asking secondary questions" she argued, and for the moment I felt like we were going in circles around the topic.

I tilted my head in confusion and shook my fur, "whoa now hold on,how was I suppose to know that it belongs to someone else" he looks at them and sighs, "alright alright... I didn't mean to take the herbs, I just need the marigold to fix a wound and an infection from my friend-"

"Ahh so there are more of you then, and how far away" she laughed, making a relaxed posed.

I gave in a growl, "that is non of your busyness lady", I said and looked at the Marigold...so many of them, could cure an army of them, "weather you tell me or not, I will not stand around being yelled at by an annoyance for a cat" I told her.

Suddenly her fur bristled in anger, "who are you calling an annoyance, I am Lovesong! Deptuy of Earthclan, and from were you are standing is our grounds"

My eyes widened when the picture came clear from what she just said, "your...clan?... great starclan!" he yowled, "your telling me there is a clan out here?" I said shocked.

"Hmm?...how you know about starclan?" she meowed stepping back, "who are you?" she asked, her eyes more hostile than before.

I sighed, why didnt I see this before?, "okay okay.... the name is Darkmouth, I am a clan warrior fro-" I took a few steps forwards until suddenly a silver figure jumps out in the shadows and take me down against the hard rocks, the impact from the rock wall cause me to go dizzy.

The Deptuy walks over cuffing him on the head, "you mousebrain!" she yowled, "Griffinpaw what did you do that for!?"

He shrugged, "hey he wouldn't comply, I just improvised" he told her as she growls, "hey look don't get angry at me, he is still conscious...well almost. You can ask questions later?"

Lovesong rolled her eyes and faced him with a snarle, "like what?! Take him to the heart of the camp!, Do you realize what that would do!?" she cuffs him again, "idiot!" she yowled

Griffnpaw rubbed his head with his paw, "ahh will you stop that!, its not that bad of an Idea to bring him to... say did we make a dungeon yet?" Griffenpaw asked as my vision started to black out.

Lovesong just sighed with her paw against her muzzle, "just....help me carry him back to camp"

---------------------- --------------------------------

Oh no what going to happen to Darkmouth, who is going to take care of the group, what is the group going to do about this!, Well the secret will be revealed in the next chapter ;)

Also don't forget about the nw story that will be up soon!!! Book two of the Oceanclan warrior, along with alot more added features into the story, please checkkk it out.