Chapter 7 Mind Readers

Soulflight licked her paws and brushes her tail to make it stick out with a flick, "alright this way to my den, oh and brush your paws or Sandstone is going to make a fit about you all day" she said in a cold tone, what happen to miss niceness just know, I thought in my head.

she presses onto a rock that illuminate the entrace, the amazement in the color that was shone into seems to have an affect from the sunlight, and looking around I could not tell from wre the scourde was comming from, "Sandstone?" she mewed through the cave. Her echo flowing through, Sandstone?

We walked near a cave entrance tunnel that had a few herbs laid out on the side some were mixed with borage leaves and another was a set of poppyflowers. On the other side their was Merigold and feverfew leaves.  From the top held out a lining of crystals that carried out the light from the middle source down... still give me wonders how this source is brought around,  "Sandstone I'm bringing in a visitor!" she continues to meow through the cave entrance when a small figure walked around throwing herbs.

He bops his head from the cieling like he woke up, "huh and who might that be, I am very bu-...whoa" suddenly their was a jingling sound from some contraption as he walks out with his tail high, the light shone over him as a Ginger tabby with grey strips....he was.... indeed small, "you?...were have I seen you before?" he asked as he juggles his little ribbon comtraption,  the noise it made really twitched my eardrums.

My ears flicked, "umm I've never seen you before my entire life?" I answered as he walks in close.

his pink nose sniffing arounf my pelt, "and might were would your entire life be exactly?" he asked.

"Alright!" I snapped, "what the hell is it with you cats asking a million questions!!, I am just a traveler from another clan far away from this crazy zone and in a nut shell... oh wait why am I in a nut shell, you all are already nuts!!" I snarled as Sandstone stared at me, "what?! Go ahead answer all the question you can throw im listening!"

The grey cat leaps back a bit, "Now easy their, your among intelligent cats, no reason to pull a blood vessel" he meowed, "now relax, and give me your paw" he said quickly.

"What?, my paws?" he asked him, but then he shrugged as he opens out his paws.

Soulflight brushed her tail over her own paws, "Hehe trust me, he is a true mind reader when he looks at your figure. This is how he figured out Griffenpaws loca-"

"Shhh...im concentrating" the old medicine cat. meowed and piers in, "hmm...its deep....very deep actually"

I tilted my head, "from what?" I asked.

But he leans in closer, his eyes widen with astonishment, "hmm encrusted plates of raw white sand in between the embankment of your claws... your from a beach once... ahh and I see the muscle intentions of your claws showing you fought before... you are indeed a fighter...but wait" he looks closer than the touch of his whiskers, "I also see blood, not of fighting but of surgical procedures, the way your paws stay still shows the concentration of how you make herbs work in the body" he said in satisfaction, "and a story shows all around your pad that you have traveled a very...no a extraordinary amount of distance from here, probably more than any of us have traveled in history" he lets go and looks at him, "medicine cat or not, you are a natural in the basis talents, lets see how your mind works" he jingles around his device that I flinched back my ears.

"I-im sorry is their any way you can stop doing that" I asked pointing at the bells.

The old medicine cat gave in a curious mew, "Hhmm?...and why might that be for?" he asked, then ignores as he walks off grabbing a few materials.

Suddenly I was prodded on the back, " what?" I growled.

"Dont be rude to my teacher" she meowed and as she tilts her head to tell me to look forward.

"Alrighty here, now I have left out a few herbs here" he said separating four different herbs and seeds apart, "now I want you to tell me what each of them are and their uses, can you do that for me?" he asked.

"We will see..hmm you might have things I haven't seen before" he took a sniff around the item, giving it a moment as they become familiar to him, the first on was the easiest showing a black seed , "this is a poppyseed" he meowed pointing at it, "It sooths cats from suffering through shock and distress, also good for helping them sleep, and trust me you do not want to give them to nursing queens" he told him as he look at the yellow flower that had a strong aromatic smell, "this right here is a tansy, uses for curing certain coughs, small doses only or it could give back the same affect as Yarrow"

The medicine cat looks at his apprentice, "hmm?... he knows yarrow and that not even on the list..go on" he told me as I looked at the sweet smelling plant with spreading fern like leaf, "this is Chervil...hmm I dont have these but I heard it can be used to not only cure infections but also have the roots help with bellyaches" he looks at the last one which made his eye twitch, "and....umm.....this is a green rock with white moss on it"

"Haha that one was just a joke, well then bless starclan and call yourself a medicine cat, and a really good one at that, what you say your from?" he asked.

"Sigh... alright Ill explain everything...from the beginning" he told him, "hope you got time on your paws?" I asked as he starts jingling his devices, "argh...ow..argh!" the vibrations from it was pulsating my head, felt worse than a migrain.

"Something wrong?" he asked.

My ears drooped back as I laid low hold me ears with my paws, "-yeah its those things stop it!" I reach over and pounced on his tail to stop the clapping as Soulflight gasped, "what?...something I did wrong?"

Sandstone looks at him with horrid eyes... like he was afraid of something from a vision, "n-no..nothing at all" he mewed, "these devices are just bells... umm its just a spirit thing you probably wouldn't understand" he told him.

  Hesighs and looks out seeing the elders gather around sleeping some telling stories to each other, "speaking of understanding, whats with that Wildclaw guy? Earlier he when nuts saying he wanted to fight me" I asked Sandstone.

But he gave out a laughed and brushed the herbs to the side, telling Soulflight to go put them back, "oh him bah!" he yowled and shook his fur, "their was quite a history from that one" he said with a sigh, "when I was just a Kit, he use to be in heavy wars around the time they were fending off the mass of foxes that use to run this territory. Toos a very heavy blow one day and crushed his spirit into the point of continuous fighting. During the final stretch he got himself pretty injured. But he still gots some fight in him even in his old self"

I looked back from the entrance, hearing the caterhaulin of all the cats surrounding the place, "still doesnt explain why he retired? but I was just curious cause of his age, doesn't seem like he was finished being a warrior" I asked, he did still look like he had a few more moons on him to keep the clan running.

"Hmm well if you really want to know, it was when I was an apprentice, he retired cause he was tired of fighting. When he lost his brother after an onslaught against the leader and deputy" he meowed.

My eyes grew shock, "hmm? so their was a time that a traitor stood in your clan history?" I asked in further interested about the clan.

Sandstone shook his head, "no he was not a traitor, more like greed and confusion... no I don't think betrayal was part of this" he flicks a crystal as it gows in yellow, how do they do that?, "but stuff like that lives in the past, now tell me about you" he said walking away putting up the herbs, "tll me about your story, how did you end up here, in other words what are you doing in the forest" he asked as I Gave a cautious stare at them.

"Alright, alright, Ill tell ya everything about myself, but I will only tell it once, you see what happened...." I told them about my story as Soulflight joined in, asking me all sorts of questions and reports about my clan on how it was on an island.

But I still Kept thinking about my folks back in the forest, where the hell are they?