chapter 24

Mel P.O.V

Great, someone kill me. Now I have to go meet Alex. This guy is gonna kill me today.

Right afterschool was finished I was literally crapping myself. I mean this guy wants me in his house, alone.

What if he tries to kill me?

God why did I take the act of a superhero on me.

School just ended, and I quickly made a stop at my house before going to Alex's house.

Just in case he gets crazy I have a screwdriver, hammer and a pocket knife. All in my bag.

I thought happily while walking to Alex's house. Now I'm not much for religion but if Alex falls into my trap I swear I'll be the best person in this world god.

.... finally here I am. In front of Alex's house. The guy who murdered someone. Great.

Very enthusiastically I knocked on his door.

Note the sarcasm laced in my words.

I stood there for a second or two Lord, where is this guy?

I knocked on the door again this time more obnoxiously.

He is really starting to test me and my last patience with his rudeness.

'Hello' I yelled at the door.

'Is anyone in there'. Silence surrounded me and there was no answer from Alex.

Did he call me here just to play a prank on me.

With the thought that he wasn't gonna open the door I started to leave until I heard the door opening revealing Alex dressed up in all black. Again.

'What took so long asshole, do you know how rude that was'. I yelled not even thinking what I was saying.

He suddenly holds up his hands in a surrendering way.

'Sorry hun, didn't know if I was a couple minutes late you'd be this angry'.

I merely scoffed at his comment.

'Anyway why did you tell me to come over today'. I said confidently.

'Why don't you come in and we can talk about it Mel' . Alex said.

Fuck , well here goes nothing. Just my life maybe.

'Sure' I said happily as I entered his house which is huge and beautiful.
God I just stood there, by the entrance of his house like a coward because I was too nervous to go anywhere else.

'Come on Mel don't act like a stranger'.

Alex said while holding my hand and dragging me to the living room. In the living room I saw two plates, and two glasses with soda.

'I cooked us some dinner by the way. Your favorite, lasagna.'

'Oh wow, you didn't have to thank you, very much'. I-said.

As I sat on the couch he sat on the floor in front of me with his bowl.

Then we both started eating in complete silence.

'Do you wanna know how I killed Henry' .

He said as I started choking on the soda I was drinking.

'What'. I said eerily and quickly.

'Do. you. wanna .know .how. I killed. Henry'. He said slowly like I was a toddler.

I just stared at him like he was a psycho. I was too scared to even move.