chapter four

Well I've been frantically pacing my living room for the past ten minutes my Dad called Alex and told him I was home.

I just hope Alex doesn't get mad at me like he was when we were fourteen.

He could be coming to my house any minute now and I know that because he told my Dad that he'll be here in fifteen minutes

Oh dear lord I've been frantically pacing, scared, and why does he have to be so dumb at times can't he come check and see I'm home first, before he goes off anywhere.

Right then I knew how to pin this whole situation on Alex, I'm such a genius.

Five minutes later the doorbell rang.

I was downstairs while my dad went up to answer the door.

I heard someone asking my dad where I was then I heard heavy footsteps and I had a hint on who it could be.

There stood Alex a minute later at my doorsteps.

At first when he looked at me he was really happy ,then he was sad, then he was angry.

Bipolar much.

My dad went upstairs leaving me and Alex alone.

"So where were you".

He asked me very calmly.

"Home, asleep". I answered.

He looked at me with a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving from the school. Better yet why didn't you tell me you were leaving without me!"

He said a little louder this time. Trying to suppress his anger. Which he clearly is failing at.

I looked at him in mockery.

"I don't need to tell you anything. It's not my fault you have a habit of overreacting all the time."

He looked at me with surprise. Like he expected me to apologize and ask for forgiveness.i probably would have done that before. However as time has gone by I developed my on beliefs and thoughts.

He can't control me. Not anymore.

Suddenly Alex started walking towards me. Out of nowhere and suddenly.

What is he doing. What the hell.

Now I was alarmed.

"Melanie, you have ever left on your own from school. I was always the one to take you and leave you from home to school."

He said with anger just reeking from his words.

"So, if you leave from school one day just like that. What is it you assume I would think. Now be honest you really came home and took a nap....or did you go and meet with that Henry asshole".

My back hit the wall. He slammed both hands on the wall blocking me. His eyes had such a murderous look to it. It scared me endless. He didn't look normal and stable at this moment.

"I...I promise. I came home Alex."

Stupid..stupid.. I can't believe I just stuttered.

He smiled.

"I believe you. Just don't do it again. I don't want anything happening to anybody. Especially you."

He winked and took his arms off me.

What does that even mean. Did he just threaten me.

Now you see at this point anybody would be terrified and would just stop and let things go.

However he just openly threatened me. Which I don't appreciate.

So leave it to me for being a dumb ass and pissing him off more.

"Look Alex, don't come in my house and threaten me. You could've called my parents and asked if you were so worried. You have no audacity to come in my house and talk to me like that. And you know what if I wanted to hang out with Henry I could. You have no say in my life."

I finished off proudly with my speech. Speaking calmly.

When I spoke about Henry, something in Alex must've burst. Because next time I know he took me by my hand and threw me on the couch. Which hurt my whole body.

"WHAT THE HELL!" I groaned.

"Are you out of your mind!" I yelled.

He starts to stalk towards me.

I was just about to yell for my Dad when all of a sudden he grabbed my face and tried to kiss me. Key word tried.

"WHAT THE HELL!"

I yelled. Pushing him away from me and trying to get as far away as I could.

He looked at me before taking my hand and looked me in the eye .

"Your mine...Only mine to obsess about. Only mine to hold and possess. No one else can take that away from me. I won't let them."

He has lost all his marbles. He has gone mad.

What do I do now, great.