Chapter 38

Melanie P.O.V

He ruined me.

I am tainted by him.

I am horrible.

These were the poisonous thoughts that ran through my mind.

I hated mysf for how my body had reacted. I also hated myself for not being able to resist stronger.

Alex stood over me by my headboard and just stared at me he was just in his boxers staring at me.

"Was it good for you". He asked me with the most menacing smirk.

He was torturing me. He knew I was disgusted with all of this.

I got up and looked at him.

"Why did you do it"?

I asked him wanting to know genuinely what his issue was and wanting to end this misery.

He looked at me. "What are you talking about Mel, come on don't be such a bummer. Look at the Bright side you're finally mine."

I had vomit coming up my throat.

I looked at him with the most hateful look I could muster up.

"You and I both know that is not what I was talking about."

I burst out.

"Why did you kill Henry in high school, why did you take advantage of me, Why were you so emotionally abusive and fucked up to me, why couldn't you for once leave me alone!!"

I burst out all of this in tears and anger yelling at Alex. Just wanting him to die a miserable death.

He just looked at me and stared.

"I love you."

"What are you talking.." He interrupted me with his own words. "What I am saying is I love you I killed Henry, that day because he liked what was mine. He was a threat to me because you liked him back". I interrupted him before he could continue. "So if a guy likes me, we should just kill him what is whrong with you?!"

"No" he continued. "You liked him back. I saw the way you looked at him". He started coming closer to me and held my face in his hands.

"You were mine from the first day we met. My mom and dad couldn't love me. My dad was cheating and beating me my mom was just a slave to him thought everything he did was right and never spoke up".

I always knew he had a bad life and his parents but that does not give him the right to ruin mine.

"So you thought ruining my life because your parents were horrible was the way to go". I said with venom in my voice.

He brought his hands down to my hands and held them to his heart.

"No baby" he said bring me closer.

"This heart it only beats for you. This body only breathes for you. All my life I was weak and hopeless. But then you come and you help me. You lighted up my world. You were a strong, fierce and independent woman. You let nobody control you, but you were still always so kind and smart and you never judged me."

At this point we were both breathing hard. Him from all the talking. Me because I did not know how to take this news. It was overwhelming, his confession.

"I was too scared.." He continued.

"The love I had for you I knew you did not reciprocate it for me. I also knew if I did not hold on to you then I would have lost you. So I did whatever it took to keep you with me."