chapter seven

chapter 7

Well so far my day was horrible Henry the guy I liked a lot is dead.

I feel like crap for not taking his phone call seriously and to top it all of Alex has been so happy the whole day like he won something really big.

Is he really going to act like Henry is not dead I feel like he's not even my best friend anymore with the way he has been acting.

Later on during the day I went to the principals office because I needed answers on how Henry died. Nobody was telling me anything. Nobody really knew either. Maybe she could give me some answers.

Me and the principal are close with each other. Whenever I needed advice I would come to her. It's crazy how me and her bonded.

It was over Alex.

Since we were younger and first came into high school she saw how he was so attached to me. She was concerned how he would not let me be friends with anyone.

Alex would always try to get his schedule to match mine. So he would always go to the principal to ask her. Since his parents are big donators to the school.
He thought he could guilt her into changing it.

But unfortunately for him. Our principal was very smart and she did not beg for any of the parents to donate to school. She straight up just told him to leave and go to class. She also told him to give me some space. To which he just bolted out the room.

When Alex told me that she was trying to separate us I had gone to her to confront her.

But instead she opened my eyes to a lot of things. From that day on I would always go to her on how to advice Alex.

To top it all up. She knew I had a crush on Henry. Sometimes if we saw each other in the hallway I would always point out to her the guys I liked.

I mean I am Henry's friend and admirer from my point of view.

I knocked on her door twice before entering.

"Melanie how nice of you to visit me. Come take a seat please I insist".

I sat nervously on her chair, I don't know why I'm so scared of getting answers, maybe it's because I haven't told anyone about the phone call...

"Hi Miss, how's your day going?"

"Great what about yours Melanie?"

"Great," I replied nervously.

"Any particular reason you are here. Oh and I forgot, I am sorry about Henry I know you had fancied him." She said with a kind smile.

"Yeah". I said with a sad smile.

"Actually I came regarding him. I need answers and nobody is willing to tell me how he died". I say with hope.

She looks at me with pity.

"I am sorry Mel, however I believe I am not allowed to give information like that to students."

"Please"! I say in a panic. "Please Miss. I can't sleep or eat or interact until I have some answers". I say to her tears pooling in my eyes.

"I need to know how Henry, you know how he died?"

She looked at me with pity and curiosity.

"You seem to know him well if you can't eat or sleep?"

"Well yeah I mean I was friends with him and I liked him a lot," I replied with so much emotion.

"Well Melanie," the principal said.

"I'll only tell you this because you were a friend of his but this cannot get out of this room,OK?"

I nodded really quickly.

"Well his parents are saying that he was killed."

I gasped so loudly so that's why Henry died but I think I already had a feeling about that from the phone call. I just wished deep down inside of me I was wrong.

"But how, by who, when?"

My head was in a daze.

"Look Melanie, all the private investigators and the cops, that is all they know right now. However they believe it was out of jealousy".

"But who and why would you say someone did it out of jealousy?" I ask.

She looked into air not focusing on me or anything. Like she was thinking. Then I see a fearful look on her.

"They found a letter attached to his head by a tape".

She stopped talking, looking scared.

"It said 'She's only mine not yours'.  In the letter. On the bottom it was signed A."

I was disgusted. I couldn't be here anymore.

After she told me that I left the office quick. I felt like the world was spinning. Vomit threatening to come out.

So many things are going on in my mind who would kill Henry out of jealousy, he was so quiet and he kept to himself a lot. Who could have done it, not even that he hardly ever talked to anybody.There was only one person in my mind who was really jealous of him.

But this person couldn't have. I mean it was not possible. What kind of friend am I for even thinking this.

But the same name kept ringing bells in my head.

Alex.

But that's not possible right. Alex would never kill some one.

I was so lost in my thoughts I Did not notice that my friend Chelsea was right in front of me.

"Melanie are you alright?"

She asked with concern. I had sweat dripping on me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little freaked out with all the events happening. I hate that I personally knew someone who passed away". I say giving her a reassured look.

She looks at me and sighs.

"I know it's such a pity, no one had any beef or quarrel with him. Only Alex looked annoyed of him. But we all know Alex is too good of a person, and not a murder."

She looked at me and gave me a sad smile.

I smiled back at her while thinking in my head. Do we know Alex enough to come to that conclusion?

.............THANKS FOR READING I'LL UPDATE A LITTLE MORE HOPE U LIKE MY STORY..