Chapter 39

Melanie P.O.V

      It has been four hours since Alex left. Four hours since I've been home waiting for him. Four hours when I decided that the only person who will be giving Alex the punishment is me.

       Dying by the hands of the woman you love has to be the most painful punishment any man could have. Any human being could have. Knowing that the one you loved killed you is punishment. The rest of the punishment he can have that in hell.

         I kept my knife close to me and I have been in the same position he left me. On the bed.

It's all going to be over today Mel. Today everything will be set straight.

     Suddenly I hear my apartment door being opened.

   "Mel, I am home, where are you?"

He walks into my bedroom and looks at me with a smile.

   "There you are". He says with a smile so bright you would think he was a model for Colgate.

     "Your home". I said just as cheerful. I look at him with as much love and sincerity possible.

..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Alex P.O.V

My whole life I have been fucking up. From the people I killed to the things I did to get the woman in front of Me today.

     The way she smiles, laughs, talks. Everything about her mesmerized me. For a pinch of her smile I knew that I could go insane. For a drop of her tear I knew that I would have turned this world upside down.

     What I felt for this woman was so pure. It was pure love and some people may call me insane and say that I'm out of my mind. However I know one thing and that she belongs to me like the way I belong to her. We're a soul a duo. She's my everything. Without her I might as well have my grave ready.

     Today when I came home from work to the woman I loved I saw the defeated look in her eyes.
She looked at me with the utmost surprising emotion.

Concern.

She looked at me with concern. One look of emotion like that for her can drive me to my knees.

"Your home". She said

"Yeah. I came because I missed you."
I told her this with the utmost sincerity in my eyes.

She looks at me. Then slowly gets up.

At this point I am very very eerie of her. I know her she is a woman full of tricks. She will use my emotions against me like last time. When she convinced me she loved me.

Her next actions surprised me.

She came and held my face in her hands.

I was very suspicious of her at this point.

"Alex, I've been thinking."

"About?"

I say not knowing what is going on in her head.

"While you left I have been thinking". She continued after I cut her off.

"Maybe I've gone insane. Or maybe I have just given up in fighting against you."

I was holding my breath against her next words.

"But there is no point in fighting you. Maybe just maybe being with you would be beneficial for all of us."

She said looking at me in the eye while telling me all this.

Is this real. Does she mean what she is saying? Why all of a sudden after I killed the people she loved?