DenNor #5- Repeats

It wasn't always this way.

-

Mathias was a generally normal guy, sure, he was extremely outgoing and didn't have a filter, but that was Mathias. He also may have been desperately in love with his best friend. Mathias would normally tell a person outright if he had a crush on them, but this was Lukas, his best friend. If he told him, Lukas could reject him and that would ruin what they have, so, Mathias doesn't take that risk.

-

Mathias rolled out of bed that fateful morning, he got ready, and he headed over to Lukas's. They walked to school together everyday.

Lukas told Mathias about how Emil refused to call Lukas his brother, it was really upsetting him.

Mathias comforted him and they talked all the way to school.

When they got to school, they ended up having a pop quiz in math.

Then, the fire alarm went off. Everyone got out and it turned out that there wasn't a fire, the kid who pulled the alarm got suspended and school was cancelled.

When Mathias got home he went to sleep.

-

The next morning Mathias rolled out of bed, got ready, and went over to Lukas's yet again.

They started walking to school and Lukas complained about how Emil refused to call him his brother. Didn't Lukas say this yesterday? "Lukas... didn't you say the same thing yesterday?"

"What? No!"

When they got to school there was another pop quiz in math. We had a pop quiz yesterday... When Mathias looked at the quiz, it was the same questions from yesterday... "Sir?"

"Yes, Køhler?" "This is the same quiz we took yesterday."

"We didn't take a quiz yesterday, Køhler."

"Lay off the drugs..." someone snorted behind him.

Then, the fire alarm went off, and the kid who thought he was doing drugs was the one who pulled it. Then the rest of the day was cancelled.

-

Another day, Mathias rolled out of bed, onto the floor, got ready, and then he walked to school with Lukas.

Lukas talked about Emil again! Surely, everybody was pranking him!

Then, the pop quiz happened again. Mathias was seriously concerned. "Sir?"

"Yes, Køhler?"

Is the day... repeating?

"I believe Geoff is going to pull the fire alarm after our quiz."

"That is quite an accusation, Køhler. Is this true, Bandgraad?"

"How did you know that, Køhler?" Geoff looked a bit horrified. "Mind reader! Witch! I didn't tell anyone about that!"

"So you admit to it?"

Geoff's eyes widened and he scrambled out of the room.

Then the teacher called the office to get him.

"Everyone continue taking the quiz please."

-

"Lukas. The same day keeps repeating. Today."

"What?"

-

Then, the next day, Mathias turned off the alarm and slipped out of bed. He called off of school and got on his laptop.