3 - I like the way (Kissing Game)

Rhyon

"Rhyon come down here", I heard my mother call to me from downstairs.

I sighed as I popped the cassette tape inside of my cassette tape player. The sun was slowly, but finally setting and we had just finished eating dinner, BBQ ribs with collards and cornbread.

I wasn't really that hungry because I was more so excited to hear what Ren has recorded and given to me.

"You hear me chile?", she screamed louder. "Get down here!"

"Damn wait a minute", I mumbled under my breath as I walked to my room door.

I huffed as I swung my bedroom door open and slowly walked down the steps. Whatever she's calling me for it better be good. As I walked down the steps, looking at my feet as I walked I answered my impatient mother

"Yes ma...Daddy!!!" I screamed as I ran and wrapped my arms around my dad tall frame.

He laughed as he wrapped his long arms back around me. I missed my dad so much since he accepted to be a truck driver. It required for him to be gone all the time, but he made good money.

"Girl...almost knocked all the wind out of me", his deep voice said, followed by a loud laugh.

"What are you doing here?", I smiled brightly up at my dad.

"What you mean?", he said with a slight frown. "Last I checked I live here Rhy Rhy"

"Oh, stop Curtis, she aint mean it like that" my mom laughed as she playfully smacked his butt.

"Aye" he jumped as he cut his eyes at her. "that shit aint coo now" he said quickly.

I let my dad go and we started talking about school and how I have a knack for poetry. He told me if I keep it up, one day I'll be able to publish my own poem book making millions of dollars. I honestly never seen this as a career for me as an adult.

But I'll keep it in mind.

After sitting down with my folks for a little bit in the living room, laughing and talking my dad told me he'll be home for at least four days so he wants to spend as much time with us before he goes back on the road.

"Aye dad I'ma go upstairs and finish writing" I say as I stood up then kissing him on the cheek.

"Alright baby girl..." he smiled back as he wrapped his arm around my mom shoulder and bringing her closer to him. "Make sure you stretch your hands so you won't get arthritis"

I giggled as my mom scolded him, telling him not to tell me stuff like that. I knew he was just kidding but I'ma stretch them anyway, since they do tend to cramp up.

The weakness for a hard writer.

After I entered my bedroom and softly closing the door behind me, I walked over to my cassette player and pressed the play button.

"Yo...mic check one two one two...is this thing on?"

I laughed, covering my mouth as I listened to Ren doing a microphone check on the tape. It was so weird to hear someone on a cassette, besides famous singers.

"Umm...yeah this my tape...so Rhyon this for you aight?"

I heard some shuffling before a small melodic beat came on. My eyes widened in complete shock. This kid had a little demo going on and I must admit; I am very impressed.

"If I was your best friend, I want you 'round all the time. Could I be ya best friend, if you promise you'll be mine"

I covered my face as I felt butterflies swarm around in my stomach and my cheeks get steaming hot and red.