21 - Studio Time

Ren POV

|Studio Session -Los Angeles, CA|

Cause Ice Cube is crazy as fuck

As I leave, believe I'm stompin'

But when I come back boy, I'm coming straight outta Compton

I swung back and forth in the swivel chair as Cube spat his verse in side of the booth. I was physically here but mentally, I was fucking gone. I haven't been right since I found out that Rhyon kept the baby. Me...Lorenzo...fucking has a baby on the way.

"Yo Ren!"

I quickly diverted my eyes towards Dre, who was staring at me with a "Fuck is wrong with you look". He impatiently tapped against the sound board as I recognized everyone eyes on me at this moment. It was kind of weird. But more so pissing me off.

"The fuck you yelling for man...damn" I spat as I looked Dre up and down.

"Nigga" Dre said as his voice got a little higher. "I called your name three fucking times. Yo verse up fool"

"Oh" I replied mundanely as I stood up from the chair.

I walked into the sound booth and stood in front of the microphone as I placed the headphones on my head. My mind was racing a mile a minute and I began to feel like the walls were closing in on me. I looked out into the studio where the homies were staring back at me.

"Ight Ren" Yella spoke into the speaker. "Say ya verse."

I nodded my head as I heard the beat come on and I began to spit every lyric that I wrote for this song. At this point, I felt as if I was reading off a piece of paper and I guess I delivered that same emotion because the way Dre was staring at me, he was confused as much as I am.

"Hold the fuck up", Dre yelled as he immediately cut the record off.

"Fuck this shit", I mumbled as I aggressively through the headphones back onto the stand and stepping out of the sound booth.

Cube stood up and scratched the back of his head with the infamous mug on his face.

"Yo Renzo. What's up homie?" Cube sincerely questioned. "Where ya head at. That shit you just was spittin in there had no type of delivery man."

"Yeah nigga" E chimed in. "You act like you got a baby on the way or some shit"

I slowly cut my eyes in E's direction as the room fell silent than a muthafucka. I bit down on my bottom lip as my nostrils flared up in annoyance. I looked around to see the homies staring back at me like a deer caught in fucking head lights. Sucking my teeth, I sat down in the chair and turned my back away from them.

"Hole up Hol up" Cube said as he waved his hand around in disbelief. "Yo, you got a baby on the way?"

"Nah cause I told this bitch to get an abortion but she aint wanna listen and shit", I admitted regretfully.

The homies cooed and gasped as they got closer to me. I was fucking tight and there was nothing I could do about that shit. I'm having a fucking baby with my best friend and my girlfriend doesn't have a fucking clue. This is all my fault. I should have never fucked with the bitch and I should of kept my fucking dick in my pants. Only to zip that mufucka down for Kimberly Renee.

"Damn man", Cube sighed as he plopped down on the couch. "So, what you gonna do?"

I rubbed my hand down my face as I turned back around. "I don't know man"