10 - The Calm

•Kim•

I braided my client hair in a beehive pattern, preparing for the sew-in I was about to give her.  Its Sunday, so this was pretty much a house call.

Everyone around Compton knows that I can lace some hair. So, when them edges aint laying or that new growth is creeping, come see me and I'll make you look brand new.

Rih entered the house with some Bobo's burgers and fries. I'm assuming O'shea took her because I know she doesn't have a car, since she just arrived to Cali.

  I'm glad they happy, since I am pissed about what happened last night at the party.

"You bring some something back for me?", I asked, hoping that they didn't forget about me

"Yeah...we bought you back some fries and a burger", Rih said as she placed the paper brown bag on top of the coffee table.

I smirked as I finished the last braid, securing this beautiful pattern before tapping my client, Tina.

"If you wanna take a break rea quick ima eat and then ima start okay?" I ensured her as I opened my bag and frowned.

"Bitch...half these fries are not even in here", I held the small bag that held the half-eaten fries.

Rih looked in my direction while sipping her large milkshake, "I thought they was mine...my bad".

I rolled my eyes and sucked my teeth as I took my food out the bag and started to bite my burger.

It wasn't that bad tasting, but it's not like me to eat a whole bunch of fast food.

"Heard from Ren?", Rih asked, popping fries into her mouth.

I chewed my food ignoring her question. In honesty, I haven't heard from Ren since last night after me and him got into an argument over that Rhyon chick.

Last night

"Yea...this is Ren best friend Rih", I answered as I turned around then looking at her. "Her name is Rhyon

"Like a boy?", Rih giggled a little bit before covering her mouth.

"I don't have to stand here and take this shit", Rhyon spat, tossing the red cup into the trash can as she started to make her way past us.

"Yo Rhyon..." Ren called out to her as she scurried away from us

"Yo Rhyon?!", I questioned with disgust. "I'm confused here.... when was it okay to be running after females that wasn't your girlfriend?"

"You acting like a little ass girl, for real Kim", Ren spat as he tried to push past me.

"You aint goin nowhere Ren..." I said as my voice cracked a little, jumping in front of him.

"Nah Kim, she's my friend and how you acting is fucking whack"

"No, you wanna be up here talking to bitches as if you got it like that, you aint even tell this bitch I'm your girl...I'm just Kim.... what the fuck does that even me...- "

"That's your damn name ain't it?", Ren interrupted me then looking me up and down with disappointment. "You know what we got and what you are to me so why you even acting like a bitch?''

I heard Rih gasp, and I jerked my head back in shock. I really think Lorenzo had too much to drink or smoke. Maybe even both.

I scoffed and smiled, "Bitch.... wow!" I shook my head in disbelief as I started at Ren with widened eyes.