26 - Choices

Angeles Medical Clinic

4 months later.... 

1988

Rhyon

Ren sat next to me while I rubbed my belly that had a slight baby bump. Ever since I broke the news to Ren that I was pregnant, he seems to be focusing on me and Landon much more. He even started taking his music way more seriously since him and his homies have a buzz around Compton, south central and even Baldwin Hills.

As far as the whole Chlamydia situation, he finally was honest and broke down and told me he had let some girl around the way give him head and had sex with her, bringing the disease back home to me when we were intimate. And from that moment, Ren and I haven't been intimate not once.

And I don't plan on being intimate with him after that. I can't trust him.

"You okay?" he asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I quickly replied as I looked down at Landon who was sleeping In Ren arms.

"You haven't said much since we left the crib." Ren said as he shook his leg, staring at me. '

"It's nothing to really talk about." I dryly replied. "We going to get me a checkup and then you gonna go to the studio and I'ma go to school. "I shrugged.

"Rhyon. I know you still mad as hell at me." He said with grief in his eyes.

"We not about to talk about this here." I quickly assured as I put my hand up. "It's a time and place for everything. This is clearly not the time and place for it."

Ren just shook his head as he stood up, holding sleeping Landon. He walked away slowly to the exit of the clinic to get some air, I'm assuming. It's tough, knowing I'm pregnant again and my mom and dad weren't too thrilled. They said they think it's going to hinder me from completing my education and graduating on time.

But I know that I'm going to succeed regardless of what anyone thinks. Ren's family and my sister helps me out so much and I am so thankful for them. I wouldn't know how to do what I do without them.

As I sat in the waiting room, I looked through some of the magazines that rested on the brown table that was a couple of feet away from where I was sitting. Before I knew it, I was being called to the back of the clinic to meet with the nurse for my sonogram visit.

"Rhyon Brown!", she called after she opened the door, wearing her blue scrubs and holding my patient folder.

I smiled as I slowly stood up and walked to the door to follow her to the patient room. As I walked down the long hallway, I accidently bumped into someone.

"Oh, I am so...- "I said before I realized who I was talking to. "Umm...Hey Shaina?" I awkwardly said.

"Hey...its Shayla." Shayla corrected with a small smile. "Your um...Ren's baby mother, right?"

I nodded as I stared at her. I noticed a band-aid on her upper right shoulder. Her long hair was pinned up into a neat bun, and she sported a cute blue crop top, DKNY jeans that hugged her waist and a pair of DKNY sandals.

"Yea...the term baby mother sounds so bad." I slightly giggled.

It was an embarrassment but hey, it is what it is. I tucked my hair behind my ears as I looked at Shayla. She pressed her lips together as she looked down at my stomach.

"I see your pregnant again..." she said as she looked up at me with a warm smile. "Congrats."

"Meh.... thanks" I shrugged. "This one, like Landon wasn't planned but this is what happens when you play games and not strap up."