6 - Remember me

Ren
•Ren's Crib•

"That's game nigga", I screamed as I threw the ball back at O'shea.

"Bullshit, I want a rematch" O'shea yelled as he caught the ball and bouncing it.

We were in my backyard playing a quick game of basketball. This is the third game we played and he just can't face the fact that I'm better than him in ball.

O'shea used the bottom of his shirt to wipe the sweat off his face, then squinting from the sun in his eyes, while Eric was in the front of the yard talking to some brown skinned slim girl with big curly hair.

"Who that?", I asked as I kicked the ball from under O'shea foot and picked it up.

O'shea looked in their direction, "Iono E stay with a different broad every day of the week man, I can't keep up"

"I don't see why she even talking to him wit all that fuckin yellow he got on"

"Nigga lookin like a sunny-side up egg"

"Ol egg yolk lookin ass" I giggled.

As we watched Eric and ol girl talk, I heard the backdoor bust open revealing my little brother, Jermaine standing in the door way with a white t-shirt, and his orange stripped boxers. I swear, having siblings is the fucking worst.

I mean mugged him as I heard O'shea laughing in the back of me.

"Mama said go to the store Ren", he spat as he stared at me from on top of the porch.

I sucked my teeth, "why can't you go?"

"Cuz mama asked you to go that's why and you better not take long. Daddy will be home early today" he said in his squeaky voice.

"Gimme the money nigga", I said to him as I acted like I was going to throw the ball at him, causing his little self to flinch and put his arm up.

"I'm tellin mama you tried to hit me", he yelled as he handed me two dollars.

I looked down at the money and frowned. What the hell did she expect me to get with two dollars?

"What ma want from th...- "

"You bullying ya brother again Ren?" My mother cut me off as she appeared on the porch. "Hey O'shea"

O'shea smiled as he waved to my mom, "How you doin Mrs. Patterson?"

"Oh, I'm making it baby...where the other one.... the short one?"

"Oh E?" I asked. "He right there talking to some bit...- "

My mom cut her eyes at me as I looked at her to see if she caught on.

.... I mean girl", I quickly corrected myself as I head nodded in their direction.

"Mhm...that's Thea's daughter that stay on Alondra" she softly spoke as she rested her hands on her hips.

"Lil fast ass girl, Eric better be careful with her. 19 and turned more tricks than a magician"

"she cute though", I added as I dapped O'shea up.

"What's cute when yo lady parts stankin?" my mom chuckled a little bit as she looked at my little brother. "Ima whip yo lil ass out here in yo draws...get in that damn house!"

My mom grabbed my little brother arm and smacked him on his backside as he let out a loud ass yelp.

"Don't nobody wanna see yo ashy tail...do that shit again!" she yelled as my little brother ran through the door, back into the house.