13- Let me in

Rhyon
| Compton High , CA |

The school bell rang, followed by the sound of chairs screeching and the muttering of the students as they exited the class.

"Ummm make sure you study chapter four and five!", Professor K shouted over the noise. "Pop quiz on Wednesday, it's gonna be a pop quiz!"

I slung my pink backpack over my shoulder as I strolled towards the classroom door. It was the middle the school semester, and I must say things have been weird.

My relationship with my mom has still been a little awkward since we've had that talk.

Till this day, she won't tell me what my father did to her that caused her so much pain.

Any ways, as far as my home girls ?
I still kick it with my girls Paris and Melissa. Their school schedule is much longer than mines.

As for me and Lorenzo. Well, things are still the same for the most part.

I still haven't told him how I felt and honestly, I doubt he even feel the same about me anymore. 

Ever since him and the guys rap group been taking off, I've seen less and less of him.

We also go to different schools so that plays a part somewhat. I attend Compton High while he attends Dominguez High.

This summer, I ended up landing a job at Macy's in the beauty department, which wasn't so bad.

Having that job allowed me to buy my own school clothes, put money aside for the college applications I'll be applying to, and even save up to pay for me to get my permit over the summer.

"Ms. Brown", Professor K said to me, making me jump a little.

"...Yes. Yes, Professor K?", I stammered as I looked in his direction.

He was a large man. Morbidly Obese if you want to call it that.  He was super nice and very intelligent.

He teaches at Wellman College during the evenings and teaches here obviously in the day time.

"How are you doing today?", he asked, before catching his breath, sitting down in his seat.

I looked around before staring at him, "I'm well today Professor K. How are you?", I politely asked back, watching him open his wooden draw on the right side of his desk.

He pushed back the top shelf, displaying a drawer filled with any type of candy you can think of.

Chocolate turtles, Twizzlers, Twix, snickers, Boston Baked Beans candy, Peanut Chews, M&Ms, and Hershey bars are just some to name.

[ A/N : yes I love the professor Sherman Klump :'one of my favorite movies 🎥 ]

Professor K handed me a snickers bar.