23 - Recovery

Ren

I walked up the street to my crib and couldn't wait to get my ass in the bed. I called Kim house three times before I said fuck it. It wasn't like her to ignore my phone calls, so I'm assuming she was out and nobody was home.

I unlocked the house door and pushed it open, almost feeling my heart drop out of my ass. My mother, Kim and Ms. Cassie and my dad sat in the living room and their eyes diverted to me. The tension was so damn thick, you would need a chain saw to cut through that bitch.

"What's going on?", I questioned as I closed the door behind me and locking it.

My eyes diverted over to Kim, who was crying softly as her mother grilled my ass while rubbing her back. She snorted as she shook her head in disgust. My father tossed the magazine that was on his lap onto the coffee table.

"You need to have a seat and explain what the hell is going on", My dad roared as he glared at me.

"Damn, what I do?", I asked as I sat down on the arm of the love seat.

"You watch your goddamn mouth", my mother warned me as she leaned forward and rested her elbows on her knees.

I looked over at Kim and leaned closer to her, putting my face in hers. "Get the fuck away from me" Kim cried as she pushed me away from her. I caught my balance from falling off the love seat and furrowed my brows.

"Damn what the hell is the issue?!", I yelled as I looked at everyone.

"Don't nobody got an issue but you!", my father yelled with a you got to be kidding me snicker.

"I aint got no issue!", I said, trying to defend myself. "I come in from recording songs and yall all siting here acting like I did something wrong."

Cassie laughed and threw her head back dramatically. "That's just it. you did do something wrong." She corrected me.

I leaned back and stared a whole through her face. I really cannot stand this woman. She has no reason to fucking hate a nigga. She just mad cause no one knocking the dust off that pussy of hers. Always trying to run her daughter's life and not worried about hers.

"In your eyes, I always do something wrong" I retorted as I played with the Cuban Link chain that dangled around my neck.

"Let me ask you something", my mom said as she stood up and circled the coffee table and standing in front of me. "Does the name Landon ring a bell?"

I shifted and looked up at the ceiling before focusing back on my mother. I gritted my teeth before twisting my mouth up and folding my hands.

"Nah, who that?", I asked as I blinked.

"It's your fucking son. That you had with that bitch Rhyon!", Kim screamed as she stood up and smacked my face as hard as she could.

"Fuck is yo problem girl!", I bellowed as I jumped up, standing in Kim's face and menacingly staring at her. "You done lost yo goddamn mind putting your hands on me like that!"

Everything started to escalate and I was heated as hell at this point. Kim smacking me only pissed me off more and caused everyone to jump up and gang up on me. Everyone was screaming all at once and I felt my self-fuming at this point.

"Y'all all fucking tripping. Shut the fuck up!", My father roared at the top of his lungs.

Everything fell silent as if it was on que. I never seen my pops this mad in a long ass time, so I know I fucked up big time. So, Rhyon Is back in town causing all this fucking commotion and now everyone knows I have a fucking kid with this girl that I haven't even seen or let alone knew his fucking name.

"Lorenzo. You need to get yo ass off your shoulders and handle your goddamn responsibility" my father screamed as he pointed in my direction. "Everyone knows that you got a kid and I don't give a shit if you think you too young to be a dad. Yo ass wasn't too young to fuck so now you better man up and take care of your son, Landon Jerrell Patterson." He answered sternly.

My chest heaved up and down as I watched Kim take off the promise ring I bought her and throw it in the middle of the living room floor. Her mother grabbed her things and they headed for the door.

"I hate yo black ass. Don't ever fucking talk to me again Lorenzo!" Kim said, raising her voice as she swung the door open, knocking the picture of me as a kid off the wall.

"Whatever, bye Kim", I said as I stood up and dusted off my pants.

Cassie shook her head as she walked out the house door and slamming it behind. I looked at my parents who was enraged at this point.

"I hope your happy" my mom said as she brushed passed me and up the hallway to the bedroom. "Can't believe his little black ass would keep some shit like that under the rug because he was too busy being a scary ass little boy" she spat, followed by her slamming the door.

There was a small silence as I picked up the diamond ring that I got Kim as a promise to our love. I aint gonna lie, that shit hurt me to the core but it probably aint no worse then what the fuck she just found out.

"I messed up pops", I sighed as I twirled the ring around in my fingers.

"Son", my dad said as he took a seat across from me. "You did hurt a lot of people tonight. Why didn't you say anything?", he asked as he stared at me.

"I don't know" I shrugged. "I was afraid and shit...I mean stuff so I just tried to deal with it on my own by not saying anything. That obviously back fired on me"

"That it did", pops said as he rubbed his chin and sighing.

"Did...did Rhyon say anything to me well did she leave me anything or tell you to tell me anything?"

"In fact, she did" pops said as he reached over on the coffee table and handed me a folded piece of paper.

I opened the paper and my eyes scanned over it as I read the phone number and address in my head. "She said that she wanted you to have that, you know a chance to redeem yourself and make amends for your child's sake", my dad said to me as I continued to scan the paper.

"I...I don't know dad", I stammered as I looked up at him.

"Son, you don't have a choice at this point", he reminded me as he stood up and patted my shoulder. "Do the right thing" he said before he disappeared up the hallway and closing the bedroom door behind him.

I sat there in my thoughts, reading the little note over and over and over. At this point, I had to do what I had to do. I lost my girl and my parents are mad. I must make shit right with Rhyon for the sake of my kid and saving my family.

I just hope that Rhyon and I can see eye to eye.

-----

Small update !

More coming soon !

lemme hear it !!!!!! <3