16 - News

Rhyon

3 Months Later- October

University of Nevada, NV

"You got everything you need before we leave?" my mother questioned me as she grabbed the keys to her car

"Yeah", I called out to her as I grabbed my dorm room key and walked out behind her.

As you can see, I am now a college student at University of Nevada thanks to Professor K's recommendation

As you can see, I am now a college student at University of Nevada thanks to Professor K's recommendation. I decided to pursue a degree in Communications studies with a minor in Journalism. I am super stoked about being a little further away from home.

My mom and I relationship is getting a little better since that whole incident went down between us.

I will never forget that she cheated on my dad but what I still want the answers to what my father did that was so hurtful. 

"Hurry up Rhyon", my mom said as she walked down the hallway holding my bag filled with clothes.

I was about to spend my small break that I had away from school back in Compton. I couldn't wait to see Ren, seeing that him and I have been keeping in some contact since I came out here. He been here to see me one time and it was the best weekend of my life.

I couldn't complain about anything. He was just so amazing and I know I shouldn't be messing with him because he still has Kim.

But I can't help how I feel.

"You want to stop at Carl's jr. to get something to eat before we hit the road?" My mom questioned as she hit the car alarm on her sensor, unlocking the door and getting in.

"No. I'm not really to hungry", I replied as I hopped in the front seat. "I can hold out until we get to Compton. Besides, Ren said he wanted to take me out"

My mom just looked at me and shook her head as she stuck the key in the ignition. She placed the car in drive and started to pull off the campus and onto the street towards the highway.