Chapter 6

Astrid grumbled as she swatted away another bug. "Hiccup are you sure we're going the right way?"

"I think so." Hiccup stated as he looked around the dense forest. "We have to end up somewhere."

"Hiccup"

"Yes Astrid?"

"We're lost aren't we?"

"Yes Astrid."

Astrid then stopped walking and looked at Hiccup. "I thought you said you knew the area."

"I do." Hiccup defended. "I just haven't been in this area in a while!"

"So how far south have you traveled Hiccup?" Astrid asked as they resumed walking.

"I've made it to the northern villages of Euradin and I've been to the capital of Marine a couple of times but I hadn't had much luck peddling my wares there. They use something called Gronckle iron which is far lighter and stronger than what I could make."

"I know of it. Forline is their major supplier." Astrid commented. "You can have the recipe when we get to my castle in Gimor."

"Wait! You're just going to give me that recipe?" Hiccup asked perplexed. "Isn't it something that you would have kept secret?"

"It's alright." Astrid said. "I'm sure it will be in great hands."

They had kept walking for another mile or so when Hiccup suddenly stopped and sniffed the air. "Hey, do you smell that?"

"Smell what?" Astrid asked alarmed.

"I don't know but it smells sweet." Hiccup said and then started walking eastward.

"Hiccup! Where are you going!" Astrid asked jogging after him.

"I'm trying to find where that smell is coming from!" Hiccup shouted back. Astrid kept running until she felt a headache coming on. She winced at the sudden head pain and didn't look where she was going and ended crashing into Hiccup's back.

"Sorry Astrid." Hiccup said as he helped her up. "Take a look."

In front of them stood a two storey wooden house with smoke coming from the chimney.

"What is this?" Astrid asked. "We're in the middle of nowhere."

"Astrid put your hood over your head." Hiccup suddenly said. "We don't know if they know who you are."

Astrid quickly did as Hiccup suggested. She then watched him approach the door. The headache that was forming got stronger but Astrid tried to ignore it as she followed behind Hiccup.

Hiccup then knocked on the door and we were both surprised by who answered. A beautiful woman opened the door partially and peaked out.

"Hello, I'm Hiccup." Hiccup said a bit hesitantly. "My wife, Asta, and I seem to have lost our why and then we found your cottage."

The hood hides Astrid's face so the woman didn't see her raise her brow when Hiccup mentioned that she was his wife.

The woman opened the door a little wider now. "I'm Camilla." She said and then gestured to something behind her. Another woman came to the door now, equally as beautiful. "This is my sister Melissa."

"I do hope we aren't a bother." Hiccup then politely said. "But would it be alright if we rest here for a bit and then we will get back to our journey."

"Would you like to come in? Camilla then asked. "We do not get much visitors in these parts and weary travelers such as yourselves might enjoy a hot meal. Melissa has just finished making some porridge."

"We would be delighted. I hope this is not an imposition." Hiccup said as the sisters opened their door to let us in. Astrid was frowning a bit at the women but the Melissa then pointed to my dress.

"Oh dear. What happened to you?"

"I had a bit of a tumble." Astrid tells them.

"Well that won't do. That won't do at all." Mellissa then said. "I might have some spare clothes for you."

"Thank you kindly." Astrid says. "I don't know how to repay you though."

"It needs no repayment." Camilla suddenly says and when she sees me about to protest she adds. "but if travelers such as yourself would share a tale or two over a hot meal it would be greatly appreciated. We do not get many visitors around here."

"Well we most certainly have some stories to tell." Hiccup said as he stood next to me.

Melisa had taken Astrid to get changed and when they appeared again Astrid was wearing a simple black and red dress.

"You look beautiful Asta." Hiccup stated as Camilla agreed.

Astrid tried to hide the blush that was creeping up but to no avail. The headache she had had gotten worse and she was rubbing her temple.

"What's the matter Asta?" Camilla asked.

"It's nothing. Just a headache."

"Well then why don't you spend the night." Melissa suggested. "I'm sure a hot meal and a decent night's rest would fix that headache."

"I can't thank you enough for your kindness." Astrid said as she sat down.

"The least we could do is help around here as a thank you." Hiccup suggested. "Please, you've opened your house to us." He added when he saw that the women would protest.

Camilla and Melissa looked at each other briefly before nodding. "Well we could use a bit of help around the house." Camilla said.

"Thank you again." Hiccup repeated before they were each handed a bowl of porridge.

Somewhere in the forest in Iliest Snotlout was loudly grumbling. "Of all the NERVE!!!" He shouted.

They had sometime after leaving run into a party of nearby Iliestian knights who had also taken up the quest to hunt down the Dark Queen. The knights were less than friendly and Snotlout still bristled at their insults.

"The... The nerve of that captain!! How dare he call us amateurs!!" Snotlout shouted as their horses trudged through the forest. "He is as annoying as-"

"You?" Tuffnut caught him off earning a glare from the fuming man.

Ruffnut had suddenly stopped and was looking around. She then turned her horse around and made a circle before coming back to the group.

"Eh.... guys." She says. "I have no idea where to go. I think I lost them."

"How?" Tuffnut asked. "That never happened before."

"I don't know. I just suddenly lost that feeling I had."

"So we're stuck in the middle of nowhere now?" Fishlegs asked a little hesitantly.

"NO. We'll keep moving forward." Snotlout ordered. "There has got to be a reason for this happening."

Back at the cottage Hiccup and Astrid were regaling Camilla and Melissa with stories of their previous travels. Astrid suddenly yawned and Hiccup turned to look at her in concern. "Headache still there?"

Astrid nodded and excused himself as Hiccup helped her to the small room that Melissa and Camilla had let them use to sleep in. When Hiccup and Astrid had left and were safely out of earshot Camilla whispered to her sister.

"What is happening?"

"I do not know sister. I've... I've never seen anything like this." Melissa whispered back.

"This might be unconventional for us but maybe there is another way to get what we want." Camilla said back.

"Let us hope so sister for I am hungry."