Chapter 37

Fishlegs wasted no time as he scurried out of the castle and towards the tavern where he knew Ruffnut to be at this time. He made it to the tavern completely out of breath and slammed the doors open.

"Ruffnut!!" Fishlegs barely shouted as he was heaving.

Ruffnut who was sitting at the bar put her mug of ale down while rolling her eyes at the passed out man next to her who had dared to challenge her to a drinking contest.

"What is wrong Fishlegs?" She asked as she approached the heaving man.

"We need to get out of the city fast! It is not save here!" Fishlegs exclaimed as he grabbed her shoulders. "I will explain later but this is an emergency!"

"Okay okay Fishlegs." Ruffnut said quickly. She was definitely surprised by how Fishlegs was acting. "I will go get my brother and Snotlout and we'll meet in the forest where you-know what is hidden." Ruffnut said quietly so that only Fishlegs could hear. He nodded and then raced out of the tavern and towards the marketplace.

Fishlegs cursed as he saw the guards patrolling through the market. He hid behind a barrel near an alleyway and then crept behind the stalls until he reached his destination. Camicazi the woman who he had fallen for was standing with a basket of colorful flowers. She was busy pedaling her wares when Fishlegs picked up a pebble and threw it against her ankle.

Camicazi looked back and saw Fishlegs awkwardly crouched behind some crates of vegetables. She tried to be inconspicuous as she made her way over.

"Fishlegs what are you doing?" Camicazi silently whispered as she scanned the area for soldiers. "The knights have been looking all over for you."

"I really can't explain everything right now but the city is not safe anymore." Fishlegs quickly said. "I do not think that the world is now." He then murmured before looking at Camicaze. "I need you to pack what you can and leave the city. Meet me near the forest edge."

Camicazi frowned but nodded. "Can you at least tell me why the soldiers are after you?"

"I saw something horrible. Sielihah killed the king." Fishlegs frantically whispered. "She's a demon in disguise."

"Alright. I will meet you in a few minutes. I have little to pack." Camicaze whispered back to which Fishlegs let out a relieved breath.

Afterwards Fishlegs managed to slip out of the city but he mourned the fact that he could not retrieve his books. The knights had surrounded the Cleric's tower. A hand was clamped over his mouth when he approached the forest. He started panicking until he saw that it was Snotlout.

"Hfmmfh" Fishlegs muttered as Snotlout held his hand over his mouth.

"Be quiet." Snotlout hissed as they ducked down behind a shrub as two patrolling knights passed by. Snotlout released Fishlegs after the knights had passed and looked at him with a serious expression.

"Fishlegs what the hell happened! The knights were mobilized and are looking for you all over the city. You are being charged with treason!!"

"What!" Fishlegs squeaked. "Treason!! Wh..wh... I didn't-"

"I thought not." Snotlout stated. "Ruffnut managed to get your message to Tuffnut and I. You aren't the kind of guy who would commit treason."

"True" Came from another shrub and both Snotlout and Fishlegs looked to see the twins' heads peeking out. "Most of the soldiers will be busy for a while." Tuffnut said. "We managed to sneak a Thornston surprise into the barracks."

"So can we go now?" Snotlout asked. "I think I'm sitting on a nettle plant."

"Wait! Camicazi is coming as well." Fishlegs said. "I managed to convince her to meet me at the forest edge."

"Okay" Snotlout said. "We will get the dragons and meet you there."

"Go get her lover boy." Tuffnut joked before the three headed into the forest towards the caves where they had hidden the dragons.

Fishlegs headed to the meeting spot and waited nervously in the shadows until he saw a familiar shape approach. Camicazi had reached the spot and Fishlegs quickly emerged from the treeline.

"Camicaze, thank heavens you're here." Fishlegs said as he nearly stumbled towards her. But Camicaze started to back away slightly. She wore a look of sadness and then yelled "HE'S HERE!!!"

Knights emerged from not too far away and they proceeded to surround Fishlegs. "Camicaze why?!" Fishlegs asked as looks of shock and betrayal flashed on his face.

Camicazi now looked at Fishlegs with a look of pity. "Poor Fishlegs. I'm sorry but this has to be done. You've clearly gone insane. How could the man I once knew commit such an act of treason."

"Cami- I.. I swear I didn't do anything they are accusing me of." Fishlegs tried to explain as he looked around at the soldiers surrounding them.

"Fishlegs you killed our monarch and tried to frame our Savior for it. All the nobles have denounced you." Camicazi stated. "Now please just come quietly and spare the last of your dignity."

"Cami I swear to you. I did not do it." Fishlegs was now pleading to get her to understand but he blanched when a familiar voice said "Do not listen to the ramblings of a man who has gone mad." Sielihah said as she approached the scene. She had changed her clothes and now wore an new white gown with her hair done up into a bun.

"Your Grace!" Camicaze said shocked before bowing to her.

"Please rise young lady. You did the right thing by handing us this traitor." Sielihah said as she now looked at the frightened Fishlegs.

"Now-" Sielihah started to say but she was cut off when a fireball was launched at the knights surrounding Fishlegs.

"Can't you keep out of trouble Fishlegs!" Snotlout grumbled as Hookfang charged another blast. The twins also emerged along with Meatlug. The knights started to back away as shouts of "Dragons" were heard.

"You shall not escape!" Sielihah roared as she conjured chains from the ground to bind the dragons and their riders.

"No! Let them go!" Fishlegs yelled before firing spells at the woman.

Sielihah was not even phased by the spells and deflected them all as Snotlout, the twins and the dragons were dragged to the ground. She looked unimpressed at Fishlegs. "To think that I waste my time on weak magic practitioners like you."

Fishlegs took a few steps back and could not help but cringe when he was called weak. There was no denying it though. His spells, which he had so diligently learned, could not even make contact with their target. He was nowhere near a match for this woman. It was then that he got an idea. He was still backing away as red magic began to spill from their so-called savior.

"Everybody hold on!" Fishlegs shouted as he gathered his magic.

"Fishlegs what are you planning?!" Snotlout shouted as he saw Fishlegs start to heave and stagger from invisible pain.

"Something crazy!" Fishlegs yelled back as he nearly hunched over from the spell he began to mutter.

"You mean something idiotic!" Ruffnut snapped. "Fishlegs that is a dark spell!!"

Fishlegs had gritted his teeth as he unleashed the magic. "What do we have to lose. Either way we'll likely end up dead. This way we at least still tried." He said as the wind picked up and a swirling black portal opened beneath them.

"No!" Sielihah shouted but it was too late. The portal has already swallowed Fishlegs and the others. When the magic dissipated the knights, Camicazi and Sielihah were left staring at an empty space.

Meanwhile in Forline, Astrid stood up from her throne as a massive portal opened in the room. Everyone in the room was watching in trepidation as the portal swirled ominously. Suddenly several individuals and dragons, wrapped in glowing chains, were deposited in the room. Astrid and Hiccup recognized them immediately as the party of knights who had chased them across the kingdoms. Groans could be heard coming from the group when Astrid heard the woman scream "FISHLEGS!!"

Astrid looked to where the tied up woman was wriggling to and saw the unconscious shape of the cleric which was wracked with tremors.