Chapter 57

Hiccup parried another blow as he and the soldiers were busy holding off the enemy knights. "Try not to kill them!!" Hiccup ordered as he knocked one out with the hilt of his blade. Toothless was next to him and proceeded to whack those under mind control away with his tail.

From the corner of his eye he could see Astrid going toe to toe with Sielihah. Magic clashed were they battled and created shockwaves through the air. So far there appeared to be no clear winner.

"YAAAAHH!!" was yelled and Hiccup had to duck out of the way as a spear stabbed in his direction.

"I'll have your head!!" Drago growled as he gripped the spear tighter. Hiccup held his sword in front of him ready to fend off the attack while Toothless was growling at the man. A blast was already charging in his maw.

"How dare you ruin all my pla-" Drago accused but he was stopped when somebody was thrown at him from above.

"Snotlout! Snotlout! Oi! Oi! Oi!" Snotlout shouted with his fist in the air as he squarely landed on Drago, knocking the spear out of his hand.

"One small Snotlout delivery!" The twins shouted from upon their dragon before heading back into the fray to cause more chaos.

"I'm not small!!" Snotlout shouted at the twins. "I'm petit!"

Hiccup really wanted to facepalm. Snotlout turned to Hiccup and boasted "See how awesome I am."

Drago, now dazed, shoved Snotlout off of him. "Why you gnat!" Drago shouted at Snotlout as he drew his sword and advanced on him.

Drago had forgotten about Hiccup as he was about to unleash his anger on Snotlout. Hiccup then tapped him on the shoulder and punched Drago in the face when he whirled around.

"For a lanky guy you pack a punch." Snotlout muttered as he saw that the burly man had passed out. "He's not mind controlled."

"I had wanted to do that for a while and no he isn't." Hiccup said as he produced some rope from Toothless' saddlebag. A smirk appeared on Hiccup's face.

"You will see." Hiccup stated as he began tying Drago up. "Toothless cover us." Hiccup said. Toothless took a defensive stance and fired a small blast at any approaching enemy. Not enough to kill them but definitely enough to knock them out.

When Hiccup, with the help of Snotlout, was done dealing with Drago they surveyed the room. Most of those attacking had begun to falter and they were now easier to knock out.

"Is it just me or is it getting easier?" Snotlout asked as he knocked someone unconscious.

Hiccup looked at the battle between Astrid and Sielihah and it looked like it had gotten much more intense. Spells were flying and the two women crackled with magic flowing around them.

"Maybe,..." Hiccup said more to himself. "Maybe, Sielihah's concentration is not on her minions as much now that she has to fight one-on-one."

"Hiccup!" Was yelled and Hiccup turned to see Ryany approaching. "The North and West wings are already under our control. Ellyn and Eret have gone with a party to secure the East and Cyne has gone to secure the South."

"Ryany Go back up Cyne." Hiccup said. "It looks like there will be no more resistance in the throne room for now."

Ryany give Hiccup a salute before taking out his new crossbow. "I have been meaning to try this thing out." Hiccup heard him say as he sped off.

"Let's finish sweepi-" Hiccup said but was interrupted by a loud crash.

"Astrid!" Hiccup shouted in worry as he saw that she had landed against a wooden table due to a strong magical blast from her opponent.