Chapter 46

Astrid hummed happily as Hiccup pulled her against his chest. One hand in her hair while the other roamed over her back. She had tangled her hands in his auburn locks and kissed his neck when then someone knocked on her chamber door. The knocking increased and Astrid grumbled as she let go of Hiccup.

She wrapped a bed sheet around herself and made her way to the wooden door grumbling. She opened it to reveal a knight who was in mid-knock and started to blush scarlet. "If you have come to tell me that the twins have blown up another tower then you had better start running." Astrid grumbled.

"N...No y....your Highness." The knight stammered. "I beg your pardon. I do not wish to disturb your honeymoon but several Viking ships, carrying royals, have made port and demand to speak to you immediately."

"They demand!!" Astrid muttered as her eyes narrowed.

"Y...Your Highness, we had no choice but to let them through." The knight quickly spoke. "They sailed under the white flag and they invoked conclave the minute they landed on our shores."

"Do you know exactly who has arrived?" Astrid asked as she saw Hiccup listening as well from the corner of her eye.

"So far there are many royals from the continent itself but they are claiming protection under the Viking Chiefs." The knight explained. "A Berkian, Meathead, and Berserker delegation is accompanying them. We claimed that the dragons could not carry them all and they are currently in carriages heading for Gimor. It should give you more time to prepare your Highness."

"Thank you." Astrid said to the knight. "Do not worry I shall deal with them."

The knight nodded and bowed before going back to his post. Astrid shut the door and looked her new husband who was biting his lower lip slightly.

Astrid let out a groan of annoyance before she turned to Hiccup. "It seems we will be having visitors for some time."

"I heard." Hiccup stated. "If it is a Viking delegation then the Chiefs will be in it, most likely with their families."

"I would rather just throw them back to sea." Astrid muttered as she and Hiccup got dressed. "But they invoked conclave, and rejecting that would mean that they could dethrone me if they wish."

"So we will have to play nice." Hiccup said sounding not too pleased about it. "I knew that I would see my family again one day, I just did not think it would be so soon."

"We might have to play nice Hiccup, but that does not mean that we cannot have some fun at their expense." Astrid said as she showed Hiccup one of her new dresses.

"You know milady, I like the way you think." Hiccup said as a smirk formed on his lips.

The carriage ride from the port city to Gimor took almost three hours. It was at the outer gates of Gimor where Hiccup waited, dressed in his usual clothing, with a company of guards who would be acting as escorts. Toothless had decided to accompany Hiccup and stood waiting in the shadows.

Several wide carriages finally arrived at the city gates and the passengers were directed to disembark. Hiccup saw some people that he knew well. Thuggory, Chief of the Meathead tribe, who Hiccup guessed was accompanied by his wife, Dagur and Heather who gave him discreet nods of acknowledgement, and of course the Berkians. He recognized his younger brother, Geir, who seemed to have put on some weight, his former lover Froda, even his parents had made the journey but they looked weary. He smiled when he spotted Gobber who held a young boy by the back of his tunic with his hook and remembered that that must be his nephew.

"Greetings all and welcome to Gimor." Hiccup greeted the visitors and turning the attention on him. His family's eyes widened upon seeing him and shouts of 'Hiccup', from his parents and Gobber, and 'Useless', from his brother rang over the crowd. Froda stood there completely shocked to see Hiccup, but their acknowledgements were paid no heed as Hiccup simply continued talking.

"For those who don't know me, I am Hiccup." He introduced and then pointed at some ornate smaller carriages. "And if you will board these carriages then we shall head for the palace."

The royals immediately boarded the carriages which could carry four people each but the Berkians just stood there in shock gazing at Hiccup.

"H...Hiccup! What are you doing here?" Stoick asked surprised as he and Valka approached their eldest.

"Making sure that all of you board the carriages." Hiccup commented nonchalantly.

"Stop being so sarcastic Useless." Geir muttered as he and Froda also drew nearer. Froda had said nothing so far and was simply gazing intently at Hiccup. "What are you really doing here?" Geir now asked as he jutted out his chin trying to look superior. While it would have worked in the past, it did little now as Geir had traded most of his muscle for fat.

"I live here." Hiccup said with an isn't-it-obvious look.

His parents gave him a look which bordered on incredulous and astonished and headed for one of the carriages. Geir paid his brother no more mind as he made his and his wife made their way to the carriages as well.

Dagur and Heather greeted Hiccup warmly as did Thuggory who introduced Hiccup to his wife Urka before deciding to ride together.

"Can I ride with you mother?" The little boy asked as he jogged up to Froda.

"No" Was all Froda said, not at all bothered by the disappointment in her son's eyes, and swiftly boarded the carriage containing her husband and his parents.

"Ya can ride with me Pavo." Gobber said as he approached the boy and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Thanks Gobber." The boy, Pavo, said.

"Say, you might not know this." Gobber said as he pointed to Hiccup. "But that's yer uncle."

Pavo turned to look at Hiccup, who gave him a warm smile, with wide eyes. "Yer really my uncle?" The boy asked.

Hiccup nodded at the boy and then called Toothless over. "I like you to meet my best friend Toothless." Hiccup said as the black dragon began sniffing the boy.

Pavo giggled when Toothless gave him a slobbery lick while Gobber looked incredulously at the dragon.

"Lad, I think ya need ta start explaining." Gobber said breathlessly as he too was licked by Toothless.