Chapter 35

Astrid, Hiccup, and a party of knights had departed on dragonback from the palace at breakneck speed when word reached them from the scouts that Sielihah was continuing her journey towards Forline.

Astrid could not help but look at her new fiancé and chuckle. The events from two days past still fresh in her head. Hiccup and her had taken their meal in the gardens and both of them had proposed at the same time. Each of them had presented their ring and both looked in wonder when they asked if the other would marry them in sync. The most embarrassing part of it all was when Astrid and Hiccup had discovered several knights, which included Eret, Ellyn, Ryany and Cyne, spying on them from behind the bushes.

Astrid looked at the midnight black ring that Hiccup placed on her finger and could not help but sigh contently.

Astrid was snapped out of her musings when Eret shouted "We are almost at the northern border." over the heavy gusts of wind.

They spotted Sielihah's party on horseback as they descended. "Let us give them the message girl." Astrid said to Stormfly who proceeded to dive. Stormfly, once close enough to the ground, shot a series of spikes which landed in front of the horses, stopping them in their track. Astrid could feel where the edge of the shield she had cast around her kingdom was and landed right behind it. Hiccup and the knights followed suit.

"YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE SIELIHAH!" Astrid shouted in a commanding voice.

"How dare you wench!" One of the nobles shouted but fell off his horse when an arrow sailed to close to his ear.

"Darn. Missed." Ryany muttered as he lowered his bow.

"Ryany behave." Cyne stated, which caused a pout to appear on Ryany's face but it morphed into a smile when Cyne next said "You can aim at all the idiots you want after her Highness has finished."

"True" Ellyn said as she now stood next to Eret. "But are there going to be any idiots left."

This caused Eret and some of his men to start laughing loudly. "You've been around Hiccup to long." Eret stated.

"How....How dare you!!" Another shouted.

"Why is a woman even dressed as a knight?" Another asked as he looked at Ellyn like she was some sort of enigma.

"Because dresses make horrible armor." Ellyn deadpanned which caused many to snort.

The edges of Astrid's mouth quirked upwards a little as she turned back to Sielihah who was looking the picture of serenity.

"Your Highness, I would like to ask for permission to tour your realm." Sielihah asked. "I am sure that I can offer my services-"

"No" Astrid said cutting Sielihah off while glaring at her. "Do not dare to play innocent with me."

"I have no idea what you mean." Sielihah stated as some of the noblemen and clerics bristled at Astrid's tone.

Astrid paid them no heed and continued to watch the woman clad in pristine white.

"I am no fool." Astrid said as she held her head high. "Your illusion will not work on me or my people. You are nothing but a parasite. Your malice shall not touch my realm."

"Now please wait!" Sielihah said as she outstretched her hand and started to approach Astrid, who had not moved at all. "I mean no harm." Sielihah said as she reached the barrier's edge and it started to burn her.

"AAAH!" She yelled as she staggered back clutching her hand. Her eyes widened when she cought a glimpse of the green magic runes, glowing faintly where she had touched the shield. "That spell.... That spell...... WHERE DID YOU LEARN THAT SPELL!!" she now roared at Astrid. Her face was anything but serene now. It looked as if Sielihah had seen a ghost.

Astrid smirked as she looked at the woman who had lost her composure. Sielihah's party members were looking shocked.

"Your Grace" One of the men hesitantly approached. "Please calm down. It is only a spell."

This was apparently the wrong thing to say as Sielihah rounded on the man. Her face showed nothing but fury.

"This is not just a spell!!" Was roared at the man before he was flung against a tree. The other party members now took a step back fearfully.

Sielihah rounded on the Queen. Eret and the other knights had their hands on the hilts of their swords as they watched apprehensively. "Where did you learn that spell?" Sielihah hissed once more.

"From the same place you did." Astrid stated nonchalantly. "I will say this again. Your malice shall not touch my realm."

Sielihah let out a shout of frustration. "This is not over." Was hissed to Astrid as Sielihah mounted her horse before riding northwards. Her party members were left gaping at the scene.

Astrid then turned to face them. "You have just seen a fraction of her true self. She is not the savior you all believe her to be."

With that said Astrid turned around and mounted Stormfly.

"So your Highness." Ryany asked innocently.

Astrid quirked an eyebrow. "I'm done here. Do what you wish."

"Of course your Highness." Ryany said while reaching for one of his arrows. The other knights were also sporting smirks.

The men visibly paled as they started backpedaling but saw that Eret's men had already secured their horses when they were not looking."

"Ryany" Ellyn said warningly. Some of the noblemen thought she was going to stop the men but they paled when they heard what Ellyn said next. "Leave some for me."

The men looked at Cyne who stood there imposingly with his arms crossed and his bulging biceps showing. He was a tall well muscled man who gave the noblemen a toothy grin.

"You guys are enjoying this way too much" Hiccup muttered but even he was smirking as he got on Toothless.

"So my wonderful wife-to-be" Hiccup stated dramatically causing Astrid to laugh. "Would milady join me for an afternoon flight?"

"Oh my sassy husband-to-be" Astrid said as she held her hand out, which Hiccup kissed. "I would be delighted."