Chapter 56

"I can't believe this." Dagur mumbled as he sat on his Gronckle, Shattermaster. "I can't believe they did this."

"Whispering deaths are quite useful." Astrid said as she flew on Stormfly through the giant tunnel. "Hiccup managed to get them to make a path to Thellone in just a few months. Although he did end up with some setbacks."

"Astrid!" Hiccup yelled surprised. "Are you seriously going to tell them about that?!"

"About what?" Thuggory asked as he was hanging on for dear life too one the necks of a Snafflefang.

"Well..." Astrid said as she shot Hiccup a smirk. "My husband might have made a wrong turn and ended up draining a swamp."

"I'm not going to live that down, am I?" Hiccup muttered as Toothless took the lead.

"Hiccup, you and Toothless were covered in so much mud!!" Astrid laughed. "Both of you looked like giant walking mud monsters!!"

"I would pay to see that." Heather stated upon Windshear which caused Hiccup to let out a low groan.

"Be prepared." Hiccup said as they flew for another couple of minutes. "We are almost at our destination."

In the distance they saw several Whispering deaths curled up. Astrid took a look behind her and saw that the soldiers had been keeping up behind them.

Hiccup and Astrid stopped in front of the Whispering deaths and waited for everybody to assemble. Astrid spoke in a firm voice "Everyone, this will be a deciding battle to end the scourge that has befallen us. We shall fight not just for our country but also for our families and friends!!"

Loud cheering could be heard from the soldiers and magic practitioners which had joined this campaign.

"Does everybody know the plan?" Astrid asked and she could see nodding from Snotlout, Fishlegs, and the twins who were way too enthusiastic about their part. Even Camilla and Melissa had decided to join the party and were also sitting on a Zippleback.

"Once Hiccup gives the signal the dragons will tunnel upwards which will land us right in the throne room of Haleah." Astrid stated. "Magic practitioners will follow me for a surprise attack since we are the least susceptible to the mind control."

"Ruffnut, Tuffnut, you know what to do next." Hiccup said as the twins had a mischievous gleam in their eyes.

"That we do!" Tuffnut shouted.

"This will be so much fun!!" Ruffnut exclaimed as their dragon nodded.

"I wonder about those two sometimes." Snotlout whispered to Fishlegs.

"Once the clouds have been taken care of the soldiers will move in to secure the castle." Astrid stated as she turned to Hiccup.

"Be careful love." She said as she kissed Hiccup on the lips.

"I should be telling you that." Hiccup whispered back as he returned the kiss."

Some of the knights were 'aawing' at the display of affection.

"Everybody ready?!!" Astrid asked as she hopped back on Stormfly.

'Ayes' could be heard echoing through the tunnel as Hiccup gave the signal to the Whispering deaths.

The dragons tunneled straight upwards and Astrid as well as the other practitioners followed her lead.

Up in the throne room of Haleah's castle sat Sielihah looking bored as she listened to the reports from Drago and Viggo who stood on bended knee before her.

"As you can see your Grace. Ingum has surrendered to us after your display of power. All of the northern kingdoms are now yours." Drago reported. "Your soldiers are now moving onwards to Euradrin and soon all the southern kingdoms will fall as well."

"All except for that ghastly realm whose queen dares to keep me out of." Sielihah stated angrily as she clenched her fist. "That useless girl failed in her task and now I will have to find another way to deal with that wretched Dark Queen."

"Surely you, the mighty Sielihah, could take care of the Dark Queen. After all she pales in comparison to your powers." Drago stated.

"Suck up." Viggo muttered under his breath as he kept his head bowed.

"Hmmm" Sielihah thought. "You are right. Let those fools cower behind their shield. There is no way that can do anyth-"

A rumbling came from the ground and Sielihah grasped the throne's armrest as she saw the floor breaking.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" Sielihah shouted as the whispering deaths broke through the floor.

They were soon followed by dragon riders who started firing offensive spells at those already in the room.

"Ruffnut! Tuffnut!" Astrid yelled as Drago's mouth hung open upon catching sight of his former queen.

"YEEEEHAAAAHH!!" The twins screamed as they raced straight for the roof. With the help of their dragon they managed to blow a hole straight through the floors above.

"What is the meaning of this!!" Sielihah shouted as she and everyone else had to find cover for the falling debris.

"Have you honestly never heard of a surprise attack!!" Astrid said before firing a blast through the hole and into the clouds. "Your game ends now!"

"Don't get too cocky your Highness." Sielihah hissed. "Soon you and everybody with you shall be under my command!!"

"Stormfly!" Astrid shouted and her dragon let loose her spikes in the direction of the throne. Sielihah had to duck to avoid them and ended up on the floor. "It isn't you who should be so cocky!" Astrid stated and pointed to the hole in the roof.

Sielihah angrily looked up and her eyes widened when she saw the clouds receding as a swarm of dragons descended from the sky. Their wingbeats were creating the gusts which pushed the clouds away.

"W...WHAT!!" Sielihah shrieked as she stood up. "HOW?!"

"Your red clouds are just that. Clouds. You can only gain control of a person's mind if they are under those clouds. If there aren't any then you have no power over us!" With that said Astrid let out a sharp whistle which was the signal for the soldiers to enter.

Sielihah's eyes widened as numerous knights on dragonback emerged from below.

"Now Sielihah." Astrid said as she got off of Stormfly and magic started swirling around her. "Let us end this."