Chapter 36

Days passed quickly and Sielihah had finally managed to reach Thellone. She had scarcely stopped on her journey and was looking ragged when she stomped into the palace. Her gown was covered in mud, her hair was windswept, and the guards hastily stepped out of her way as she walked in the direction of the throne room. She looked like a woman on a mission.

With a flick of her hand, magic opened the heavy doors. King Madine and everybody else in the court turned to look at who entered. Sielihah walked passed them and whispers of her appearance started. She spared them not a glance and walked straight to the throne.

"I heard you know someone who has recently been in the employ of the one you call the Dark Queen." She said immediately.

King Madine was startled by what Sielihah said but nodded. Something must have happened for her to come to court looking like anything but a proper lady. He then beckoned Drago, who was his guest and a new member of his court, forward.

Drago approached and gave both the king and Sielihah a bow. "Tell her what you know of the Dark Queen." The king commanded

Drago looked between King Madine and Sielihah. He took a breath and then said "I had become the Dark Queen's advisor several months after she had assumed the throne. Before that I was a Field Marshall in the service of the previous king."

"So you have known her when she was the princess?" Sielihah asked not taking her eyes off of Drago.

Drago shook his head. "She was no princess. She was a peasant who displayed magical abilities. The king took an interest in her and decided to use her as a weapon. He was advised against it but he still had the girl study magic. In the end she rebelled against him and assumed the throne."

"Do you know what magic she studied?" Sielihah now asked as her face took on a serious look.

"From what I've heard, mostly offensive and defensive magic. After she assumed the throne she broadened her repertoire. I however do not know by how much." Drago admitted.

"Why are you so interested in the Dark Queen?" King Madine asked. His entire court was silent as they all waited for an answer.

"She knows the Old Magics." Sielihah admitted. "She has cast a shield over her realm which keeps me out."

This elicited gasps from many in the court.

"Are you sure your Grace?" King Madine asked.

"I have seen the runes. She has managed to revive the Old Magics. A magic that I had made sure I destroyed." Sielihah says as she showed the King her burned hand.

"I have never heard of this." Drago admitted as he sucked in a breath upon seeing the burn.

"I demand that this Dark Queen be dealt with." Sielihah said as she held her head high.

"You are asking us to go to war." King Madine said.

"She is a threat." Sielihah muttered.

"Unfortunately I cannot do that." The King admitted. "We have no love for the Dark Queen but she remains a ruler. She has not broken any treaty or laws that is cause for war."

"You would deny me?!" Sielihah now asked as she became angry.

"We have no cause for war." The King stated as the members of his court started whispering again.

"Maybe this savior of ours is not so great as she seems." Ryker muttered from amongst the court members.

"What!" Sielihah shouted as she turned in the direction of where Ryker was standing.

Sielihah outstretched her good hand and it started to glow white. Ryker shouted as he was being pulled towards her. When he was close enough her hand clamped around his throat.

"Brother!!" Viggo shouted as he pushed through the people. When He got to the front he saw his brother on his knees struggling in Sielihah's grip.

"You dare speak about me like I am powerless." Sielihah hissed angrily. "There is no one more powerful than I!" The entire throne room had fallen silent at the sight. All were watching the scene with trepidation.

Ryker was struggling to breathe. Sielihah looked up at the shocked crowd. "I think you all need a lesson. You should never underestimate someone." She said with a smile before her hand gripping Ryker started to glow red. Ryker tried to struggle as the magic enveloped him but it was of no use. Sielihah was draining the life out of him. She held up her burned hand and all could see the skin mending.

When she was done she let Ryker's lifeless body go. Viggo rushed to his brother but it was too late. Sielihah barely spared the man a glance as he started sobbing over the body of his brother.

She turned back to look at King Madine who had turned a pasty white and was staring in horror at what had just happened. "I truly must thank you for freeing me." Sielihah said as she gave the king a smile. "But I'm afraid that my plans for this world shall have to be implemented much sooner now and you have outlived your usefulness."

The king could not utter a word before a red spike pierced his heart and he fell forward onto the cold stone floor, with lifeless eyes gazing at his court.

Sielihah was not even bothered by what she had done. She walked up to the throne, stepping over the dead king's body. She took a seat on the throne before asking the assembled court, who was watching her fearfully "Are there any objections?". She smiled as she asked this and no one wanted to get on her bad side. Suddenly a crash could be heard from outside the throne room. Sielihah used her magic to open the doors that had been shut again after she entered.

On the other side of the door stood a quivering Fishlegs who had dropped the scrolls he had been holding upon seeing the events. Sielihah threw a burst of magic at the eavesdropper but Fishlegs managed to dodge in time. Only a part of his tunic was burned. Fishlegs in his fright had unconsciously managed to fire a wind spell at Sielihah. It was one of the strongest offensive spells he knew but Sielihah simply flicked it away like it was a bug. Fishlegs wasted no time. He got out of the castle as fast as he could. He needed to warn the others.

Sielihah sat on the throne looking annoyed that her spell had missed. She commanded loudly to the assembled crowd as red magic flared dangerously through the room. "Get me that interloper's head!!"